What can I do now? (Recommendation needed)
Mar 20, 2017 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

marshallsmith

New Head-Fier
Okay, I will start off with a little info on my problem. I have been for the longest been running with my rig being a Just Audio AHA-120 amplifier with my DAC being an Epiphany Acoustic E-DAC. A couple of days ago I had placed my setup on top of my computer and placed it on a top shelf so no one could see them and I forgot that my gear was on top of my laptop and when I pulled my laptop down my rig fell 8 feet to the floor and really did a number on the E-DAC but somehow didn't do anything to the AHA-120. I'm really tore up over my DAC but I what can I do now. I would like to find another E-DAC if I could but I haven't seen one for sale in a while. I need some advice on a replacement of some kind but I'm not sure on what I could go with. Any advice would be awesome really. I love my AHA-120 because it drives every headphone and iem I have. I have mostly high impedance headphones. I use mostly orthodynamic and I'm currently using some DT990 600 ohm. I've considered the Chord Mojo but its really a DAC amp combo already. I'm not against it in fact I like the thought of it. I would just like some advice.

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 6
Get a Mojo,sell the amp=enjoy the upgrade

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #3 of 6
If you need a new DAC, then it would help to know what your budget is. The Mojo is a great setup, but if you keep your components separate you'll get a bit more control.

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 6
I guess I would say my budget is around $500-$800. And I don't think I could sell my AHA-120 it's the only class a portable headphone amplifier it's one of my keepers. but what do y'all think about the mojo driving 300-600 ohm headphones does it really have the power? I could either get a new dac or go all new setup really as in new dac amp rig or an all in one. I listened to the oppo ha-2 twice and i wasn't really impressed. any more thoughts?

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 6
I guess I would say my budget is around $500-$800. And I don't think I could sell my AHA-120 it's the only class a portable headphone amplifier it's one of my keepers. but what do y'all think about the mojo driving 300-600 ohm headphones does it really have the power? I could either get a new dac or go all new setup really as in new dac amp rig or an all in one. I listened to the oppo ha-2 twice and i wasn't really impressed. any more thoughts?

If you love your amp the Mojo has two line outs and can be used in straight DAC mode...run it out into your amp.
Id read up on the Mojo,its really an impressive beast...the only real knock on it is its odd size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back