What can I do for my Zen Vision M?
Mar 17, 2008 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

erickytam

New Head-Fier
I pretty much hate Ipod, and I hate Apple. I bought a Zen Vision M because I liked the video colors. What I'm pissed about right now is that EVERYBODY makes speaker systems or dedicated connectors ONLY for Ipods. Even Creative doesn't make speaker systems for the Vision M anymore. Could I buy a docking station and possibly convert it, so I can plug it into an amp and charge it at the same time? Possibly have a remote too? It would look cool to just have the Zen sitting on my desk with an amp sitting under it. I was interested into buying a Shanling CD player with the docking station, but it only has a dock for Ipods. I don't like the look of a 1/8" jack coming out of the top of the MP3, and having to rope it around to my amp. It would be nicer to have interconnects leading from the docking station plugged into me amp.

Thanks
Eric

Mar 17, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 14
x2, they make LODs for the ZVM. Why do you hate apple and ipod so much?

Mar 17, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by erickytam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought that white charger thing only had an out for A/V mini plug?

It has USB, power, and line out connections on the rear. So yes, you would need an A/V cable to connect to your speakers/amp. But you won't see the cables and overall the docking station looks pretty clean when in use.

Mar 17, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #7 of 14
I have a ZVM, and with the white docking station, you can use the AC adapter and also plug it into basically any music system that has a mini-plug or RCA plug input. Example: My wife uses the ZVM with the dock plugged (via line out) into a cheap Philips mini-system for listening in her office. We use a simple mini-to-cable (RCA is the red and white standard analog plug for audio). At the same time, I have a Zen AC Adapter plugged into the dock as well. If you can get a dock for $10, jump on it.

Mar 17, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by erickytam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys. So docking stations are better than LOD's?

I'm guessing LOD means 'line out device'? If so then that's exactly what the docking station is...

Mar 17, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #12 of 14
doesn't Creative (Cambridge Soundworks) have that Playdock Zen?

Mar 17, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #13 of 14
lod = line out dock, but yeah almost same thing

Mar 17, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #14 of 14
LOD's are for on the go use really wheras the dock is good for sitting i on the desk, upright, with all ports available. Does the same as the dongle you plug in the bottom that came with it, just neat, and upright.

The lod's are basically just the audio/video output, as a cable, rather than dongle or upright dock.

For 10 bucks get one. Perfect soloution.

Shame the UK version is £22 otherwise i would get one too
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back