What can be done? Shure SE530
Aug 29, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...that's so final. Wait..is a swift kick a good thing, or a bad thing?
biggrin.gif

For you, my friend, very, very bad.
biggrin.gif

Now that I think of it, that would be my response regardless of my orientation.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that I think of it, that would be my response regardless of my orientation.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Well now, that, sir, is a matter of opinion!
tongue.gif

On a more serious note, I just tried my E5C's (which are really now, under the ownership of my wife's meager but satiating collection) and my E500's and except for the fact that the E5C's are a pain to put in with yellow foamies, I find that I forgot how much that I enjoyed listening to the E5C's.

I definitely still like the memory wire better than just a loose wire that only holds in place if you use the slide in back.

Aug 30, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by audible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa whoa guys...no need to go for nuts. Very sensitive area.

Hmmm, I'd suggest a winklepicker to the perineum. But only if I can watch.

Aug 30, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, I'd suggest a winklepicker to the perineum. But only if I can watch.

If only people could use their powers for good and not evil
devil_face.gif

Aug 30, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And, if I were gay, I'd reject you with a swift kick to the nuts.
angry_face.gif

that's ball busting nuts funny.

Quote:

Wow...that's so final. Wait..is a swift kick a good thing, or a bad thing?
biggrin.gif

why are you asking him? as it would really depend on you since some folks get their kicks out of that type of stuff.
tongue.gif

Aug 30, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why are you asking him? as it would really depend on you since some folks get their kicks out of that type of stuff.
tongue.gif

Too much Corporate Brainwashing from my Xerox days. Always "Checking for Understanding".

Good play on words. I know one group of guys that got "kicks" out of that kind of stuff were those who starred in "JackArse -The Movie".
They're lunatics.

Aug 30, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by penger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you replace it with??

Nothing. The wire I removed is a short piece attached to the outside of the actual wire by plastic sleeving. Similar to paper clip wire, but thinner. I used an exacto knife to carefully remove the plastic holding the wire in place;then I snipped the wire off. A few years ago there was a thread or two here on people doing this mod.

Quote:

Well now, that, sir, is a matter of opinion!
tongue.gif

On a more serious note, I just tried my E5C's (which are really now, under the ownership of my wife's meager but satiating collection) and my E500's and except for the fact that the E5C's are a pain to put in with yellow foamies, I find that I forgot how much that I enjoyed listening to the E5C's.

I definitely still like the memory wire better than just a loose wire that only holds in place if you use the slide in back.

This is scary, but last two days I've been listening to *my* e5c's. Well balance, great extension, non fatiguing, and very painful: the squared-off plastic shell behind the nozzle rubs against my outer ear.

So, tonight I took my trusty dremel and carefully tapered back the shell starting at the nozzle. Much better!

I do prefer the e5c's wire around the ear, but I don't like the way the rest of it can kink up. I really don't like the e500's wire around the ear (in this we agree) but I've learned to live with it.

This weekend I'm going to diy-up myself a cable for my e500. It obviously won't replace the wire around the head, but it'll be orange and Halloween is coming up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back