what can 150mW @ 16ohm drive?
Nov 8, 2008 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

thoughtcriminal

100+ Head-Fier
I'm getting my self a Pandora UMPC, which I plan to use for both portable listening and as a studio in my pocket. After poking around a bit, I've found the specs of the sound system

The internal amp can produce 150mW at 16ohms.
Now, I'm aware that a good headphone amp will increase the sound quality of any portable device. What I'm wondering is if the internal amp is powerful enough to drive, say a pair of beyerdynamics DT770, or even DT880 without necessitating an external amp? Note I'm not asking if it will sound good. Only if it will drive to a good strong level

Forgive me for sounding a bit "noobish", I will admit I'm fairly new to finer audio gear. If the info I've provided is not enough to make a guess, please tell me what more is needed.

Thanks a lot. This site is the greatest

Jan 3, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 7
that and straight power does not always mean driving power equals good. there are many manufacturers in the world where headphones dominate who like those in the speaker world, make complimentary stats that don't compare directly to other manufacturers.

Jan 3, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 7
the sound chip specs a lot less pwr, do you have a link to the schematic?

Jan 4, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryG20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They talk about the specs in this thread: Details And Specs Of The Pandora's Sound Card - GP32X.com - GP32 GP2X Pandora The Wiz - open source entertainment

I guess the amplification will be the TWL4030?

yep, thats my thread
biggrin.gif

From my understanding, yes the TWL4030 is the amp.
Hoping the Pandora will face no more delays
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back