What Cable?
Nov 28, 2005 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Xiode

100+ Head-Fier
What sort of cable do I need to connect my Creative X-Fi to a PIMETA? I just recently sold my Emu 0404, and the X-Fi doesn't have the red and white connectors like the Emu did.
confused.gif

Thanks in advance!

Nov 28, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 10
Well, here are the cables I used to use, to connect my Emu 0404 to my PIMETA:

Quote:

Custom Cables (2 cables, the ones used to connect to by Emu 0404) - $25 shipped
Canare starquad cables with gold plated Dayton RCA plugs and gold plated neutrik 1/4" connectors, covered in techflex.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/Xiode/cables.jpg

That is copy/pasted from my For Sale thread. The input the PIMETA took was the red and black end of the cable.

Yes, I'm noob. Zemo tailored it all to me, so I really didn't have to know the names of anything. I guess now is as good of a time as any to start learning.
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #4 of 10
You need a Mini to RCA cable. Something like this one except probably longer:

01.jpg

Please feel free to get a hold of me on AIM if you have any more questions.

-Alex-

Nov 28, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #5 of 10
Alright, cool. I'm guessing I'll have to have one of these custom made.. any references?

Nov 28, 2005 at 6:08 AM Post #6 of 10
those are standard jacks so any place will sell them if you want to DIY, if not try zach.

Hes know on the forum as Grand enigma and he makes awsome cables for great prices + he'll keep in contact with you the whole time and even send you pics of the cable before its shipped. He's a great guy to work with
biggrin.gif
and I highly recommend his work

Nov 28, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #7 of 10
Enigma makes some killer RCA interconnects. Maybe he can convert them to mini to RCA for you. He has his gold interconnects advertised in mall fi.

Nov 28, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #8 of 10
Thanks for the kind words guys
biggrin.gif
...I hear RnB makes some good stuff too
wink.gif

There really are a bunch of talented DIYers out there that will gladly hook you up... just look through the DIY cable gallery and find something that looks of interest to you and shoot out a PM to the member...

Also Zu makes a cable called the Pivot which can often be found on ebay for around $50 or so and audio advisor or Headroom offers some mini-rca options as well. All worth checking out.

Nov 28, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #9 of 10
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

If I were to buy a Gillmore Lite sometime down the road, would the mini to RCA connector work with that as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back