What cable that you use to connect from CDP(Deck) to amp?
Oct 28, 2003 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

NEO

500+ Head-Fier
Do you use mini -> rca and and connect from the headphone out of your CDP Deck to your amp, or rca->rca and connect directly?
I am getting CDP deck and I have mini->rca so I would like to know if there is any major difference in quality between these two methods.
BTW, what brand and length of your cable?
NEO

Oct 28, 2003 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 6
It depend on what kind of outputs your CDP has. If you have RCA outs you should use those first. Are you talking about a portable player? There aren't very many portable players with RCA outs so in this case you'll have to use a mini->RCA cable. Use a cable as short as possible. I'm not going to touch the brand issue--do a search for that.

Oct 29, 2003 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 6
I am currently in the midst of adjusting my ears to my new amp, a Cambridge Audio A300 V.2. I am still using the cable I used with my previous amp, a half-meter Monster Cable IC for car audio with tiny RCA jacks on both ends. It's very flexible and sounds OK. After I am done with adjusting to the new amp, I will probably go with something like Magwire, Radio Shack Fusion, or something less than $50.00.

Oct 29, 2003 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 6
Definitely use the line outs (RCA jacks on back) over the headphone out on the front. Yes, that means you're going to need another pair of interconnects -- 2xRCA <-> 2xRCA.

Oct 29, 2003 at 1:03 PM Post #6 of 6
You must must must use the RCA outputs on the back of your CD Player. If you use the headphone out you will almost certainly not have the volume you require let alone the sound quality.

If you have an headphone amp as well then you need to rig like so. CDP >-- HeadAmp in >-- HeadAmp out >-- Main Amplifer

Personally I have 1metre x NORDOST RED DAWN silver interconnects on my CD Player (well, technically they are connected to my dac). They are a flatline cable and here in the UK they are £350 UKP a metre set or equivalent to $500 USD.
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

They are gorgeous set of interconnects but ruthlessly revealing so much so that if anything is not quite right it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Are they extravagant? Yes! Are they worth it? Definitely
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back