What cable do i get?!?!
May 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dragisback

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am a novice to the headphone world, and i am looking to get my first good mid range headphones, either the dj100(with fiio e6) or the philips citiscape downtown, but that's besides the point. I am making this thread to ask what cable should i get to replace the dj100's, and if you could provide a link that would be great! my budget is a very thin $10-15, so i can't get anything too expensive.
Also, if you have any tips for soldering cable that would also be helpful, as i am also a novice at soldering, and have no idea how to solder the cable.

here's a picture of the headphones if you need it

May 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #6 of 11
Just get a cable from a pro cable company like Cordial or Mogami. They cost around 5$ per meter. They are well shielded and quite durable. I've used them to replace coiled cables in the past and have been very happy with how durable they were.

Don't bother with anything more expensive as there will be no improvement in sound.

May 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Don't bother with anything more expensive as there will be no improvement in sound.

your comments sort of remind me of J's Witnesses. they'll periodically separate from their midst to go preach their wisdom to innocent souls.

nowhere the OP asked to upgrade to expensive cables. nevertheless you had to include your wise comment, which is not only undue, but is completely wrong.

pathetic! 

May 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

your comments sort of remind me of J's Witnesses. they'll periodically separate from their midst to go preach their wisdom to innocent souls.

nowhere the OP asked to upgrade to expensive cables. nevertheless you had to include your wise comment, which is not only undue, but is completely wrong.

pathetic! 

http://bit.ly/bZ2JdM

May 7, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

but is completely wrong.

rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back