What browswer are you guys using?
Feb 19, 2005 at 9:30 AM Post #32 of 53
I'm using Firefox on my desktop and Opera on my mobile phone. In fact, I'm posting from my phone right now
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2005 at 9:49 AM Post #33 of 53
D-EJ915: Give Firefox 1.0 a try its come a long way and its a bit harsh to judge software that developers admit is not ready for production use
wink.gif
Personally I'm glad they has been posting regular builds (as opposed to IEs non existant development cycle)

As you can tell, big Firefox fan here, been using it since it was Phoniex too
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #36 of 53
firefox kicks ass takes names and then puts all the browsers away for good foreve. I even use it at uni. IE is just a pain in the ass. Tabbed browsing is wonderful, BTW didn't netscape introduce it first with Netscape 6

Feb 19, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #37 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
True enough...

I forgot that though, i've switched off ALL XP customisations, so my taskbar works the same as older generations of windows... I really didn't like that grouping thing.

Also, if i recollect (although don't shoot me if i'm wrong, i've not used the 'standard' XP in about 18 months) the grouping doesn't help you if you use Alt-Tab to cycle through your applications.

That's what I do, I find it faster to keep one hand on the keyboard and just Alt-Tab my way to the desired browser window than go hunting with the mouse.

Feb 19, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #38 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
firefox kicks ass takes names and then puts all the browsers away for good foreve. I even use it at uni. IE is just a pain in the ass. Tabbed browsing is wonderful, BTW didn't netscape introduce it first with Netscape 6

Not sure if it's the first, but Firefox is based-off of netscape. They took their tabbed browsing and perfected/enchanced it.

Feb 19, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #39 of 53
I don't really like FireFox, I tried using it instead of IE but ended up hating it. IE starts up and navigates much faster. Firefox has this irritating lag to it.

Feb 19, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #41 of 53
Maxthon here.

Tried the rest, using the best. It gives the reliability and consistency of IE, while giving you most / all of the features of browsers like Opera and Firefox, without the need for banner adverts or spending ages setting it up.

Does virtually everything I could want from a browser, highly recommended.

Feb 20, 2005 at 5:38 AM Post #44 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Are you sure you've got the correct idea of what tabbed browsing is?

The tabs are held within the browser window... all you see on the windows taskbar is one instance of FF / Avant / whatever browser uses tabs.

It really tidies up the start bar... to avoid exactly the problem you mention.

it's just that i'll have to alt-tab to the browser, then ctrl-tab (or whatever it is) to the right tab. then i get confused because there are two commands to work with.... yeah. i just prefer the alt-tab window that pops up. it tells me where everything is. and then it's not like i have any more than 5 total windows up at a time anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back