What brand are these IEMs?
Feb 10, 2016 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gduclos

New Head-Fier
So my neighbor works at a music venue, and he came to see me today to sell me a pair of IEMs he found on the stage after the band had left.  He told me he would sell them for 20$ and I agreed.  I tried them for about 30 minutes and they sound pretty good, but they are a bit bass-heavy.  What is driving me crazy is that I cannot figure out what brand they are!  I think the cable is a UE cable, as it is written "ue" and "D31" on the jack.  The earpieces themselves have a logo, but I've never seen it before.  Do any of you know what they are?

Thanks!

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 5
They are, at the very least, a clone of the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5EB, if not the genuine article.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-Extended-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0009Q4PIS

The medallion on the face looks different from the original, and I've never seen these IEM in clear version, but it's so old it's hard to find good information on it.

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 5
Soundstige is right, those are definitely ultimate ears super.fi 5EB's.
But they're the rebranded version under the brand M-Audio IE-20XB.
They're clear like that and have that medallion as well for their brand. They're still UE's, just under a different brand (UE is the original manufacturer).
but damn those things are oldddd; brings back memories of when I had the super.fi 3, 5, and 5EB's haha
They're still great though!

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 5
They are M-Audio IE20 XB. If your neighbor is ready to sell it for $20, I would say grab it straight away (if you like the SQ). They along with Super.fi 5 EB are very hard to find. Used sets are sold for very high price in ebay. I own them and bass is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back