What book are you reading right now?
Jun 30, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #604 of 5,346
"The Sleeping Doll" by Jeffery Deaver.

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #609 of 5,346
home_book.jpg

Pretty interesting book. Did you know when Apple first came out with the shuffle, because it was the size of a stick of gum, in sheet that comes with the iPod telling you all about the warranty it said "Do not eat iPod" and in the UK it said do not chew...

Jul 3, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #611 of 5,346
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. The answer to your query is unequivocally "The Crying of Lot 49."

Thank you kind sir.

About to finish Lolita, this is probably going to be next.

Jul 3, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #612 of 5,346
I just finished Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan (R.I.P.). Now I have to find something new to read, probably more fantasy.

Jul 3, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #614 of 5,346
Currently reading "A Brief History of Time" by the single greatest living human being, Professor Steven Hawking.

What a book it is too, it should be compulsory reading for all people, everywhere!

Prior to that I read "God Is Not Great" by Christopher Hitchens, prior to that "The Third Chimpanzee" by Jared Diamond, prior to that "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins.

I am happy that I now know what E=MC2 means!

Jul 3, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #615 of 5,346
Quote:

Originally Posted by skullguise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've finished several books this spring, a couple of which I posted here earlier.

Now I'm reading a 700+ page book, basically an autobiography, written by Mark Burgess. He was the lead singer of my favorite band, The Chamelons UK.

His life growing up in a working class England town, stories of the punk movement, and history of the band I so love, are just a great read.

So many books I've read I can go through fairly quickly, while still getting the "full effect" of the story and characters; this one is a slow, easy read. Only 200 pages in, and have enjoyed every page so far.

Hey skullguise, you're going to hate me! Not only have I met and chatted with Mr Burgess but I have shared the stage with him. One of the highlights of my musical career!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back