What book are you reading right now?
Nov 26, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #302 of 5,345
Protect and Defend
Written by Richard North Patterson

This author isn't my favorite. He is good in the courtroom though. From the dust jacket:

On a cold day in January President Kerry Kilcannon takes the oath of office-- and within days makes his first, most important move: appointing a new Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Kilcannon's choice is a female judge with a brilliant record. And a secret.

Dec 1, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #306 of 5,345
Quote:

Originally Posted by MexicanDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

**BRENT**

Read that after I read Brooks' World War Z. Definitely not the recommended reading sequence...

Dec 1, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #309 of 5,345
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Candide - Voltaire

I can't believe I've never read this hahaha. It's great.

yeah, I liked that book for sure - I like a lot though. My recents...

Slaughterhouse-five by Kurt Vonnegut.. definite read (only takes a few hours - classic WWII story)

Regeneration - Pat Barker.. another WWII story with some fact and fiction - read it you won't be disappointed

W;t by Margaret Edson.. read it if you haven't please (very realistic cancer story) - also pretty sort and very satisfying. Then watch the movie after.

Dec 1, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #310 of 5,345
An Inconvenient Book-- Beck

Dec 1, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #313 of 5,345
Blood Sucking Fiends - Chistopher Moore

From Publishers Weekly

Horror, farce and adolescent fantasy mix with uncertain results in this latest offbeat novel from the author of Coyote Blue and Practical Demonkeeping. Attacked on her way home from work in San Francisco's financial district, sexy redhead Jody wakes up under a dumpster and gradually realizes that she has transformed into a vampire. Needing a safe place to hide from daylight and her attacker as she masters her new powers, she turns to Tommy, a 19-year-old aspiring writer from Indiana whom she's just met. Becoming lovers, the two get an apartment together where Tommy avidly studies the mysteries of both vampires and women. But Jody's vampire mentor, Elijah Ben Sapir, who's leaving blood-drained bodies all over the city, has it in for Tommy?as do the cops, who suspect the young man of the killings. With the aid of both the rebellious young misfits he works with and an eccentric homeless man, Tommy aims to vanquish Elijah Ben Sapir in order to save his beloved and himself. Moore's seemingly off-the-cuff narrative and plotting fail to deliver on an imaginative beginning. Despite offering some amusing moments, the author gives little depth to his motley cast of characters and wavers awkwardly between fable and satire.

Dec 6, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #314 of 5,345
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Golden Orange by Joseph Wambaugh

Wambough is one of my favorite authors. Loved the The Onion Field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back