What book are you reading right now?
May 18, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #5,086 of 5,346
If It Bleeds_King.jpg

May 27, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #5,087 of 5,346
Finished all the Robert Crais books and loved 'em - especially
the Elvis Cole / Joe Pike series. Now I'm on to Michael Connelly
starting with this book, his first, from 1992. Looking forward to
meet Harry Bosch. Thanks @Oregonian for the ideas :)

Love those, read them all. You may also like the Memory Man series by David Baldacci.

Or Joe Picket.

Or Mike Bowditch.

And of course, Walt Longmire.

Leephorn and Chee is also excellent.

And since you're reading Connelly, the Lincoln Lawyer series will come into play.

May 27, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #5,088 of 5,346
Love those, read them all. You may also like the Memory Man series by David Baldacci.

Or Joe Picket.

Or Mike Bowditch.

And of course, Walt Longmire.

Leephorn and Chee is also excellent.

And since you're reading Connelly, the Lincoln Lawyer series will come into play.
Yeah we read all the Baldacci's. My favorites were the Camel Club and Amos Decker (Memory Man) series.
Thanks for the tip about new (for me) authors - I appreciate that.
So far, Harry Bosch is proving a better investigator than Elvis Cole (no small feat) but he's also a very troubled man. Hope he gets some breaks going forward :)
Oh, and Annette (wife) just started on Brad Thor's Scott Harvath series.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #5,090 of 5,346
Hey Redcarmoose, this evening I learned about a book entitled “Les Dîners de Gala” by Salvador Dali. I figured you‘d know about it for sure and you also most likely own a copy. I’m just curious to learn if you tried out one of the recipes in the book if you “do” own a copy.

1622607127740.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #5,091 of 5,346
Actually I did come across a couple Dali books when I was 16. That was in 1978, and I haven’t looked since. Mainly due to his style of writing uses a vocabulary separate from the common man. Where Huang’s book uses regular words to enlighten us with his genius?

I probably have to revisit Dali’s writing again, on second thought.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #5,092 of 5,346
Actually I did come across a couple Dali books when I was 16. That was in 1978, and I haven’t looked since. Mainly due to his style of writing uses a vocabulary separate from the common man. Where Huang’s book uses regular words to enlighten us with his genius?

I probably have to revisit Dali’s writing again, on second thought.
Ok, I thought for sure you’d have that book since you appear to be a Dali aficionado. I won’t pretend to know anything about Huang. I don’t. About Dali’s writing and using a vocabulary separate from the common man, is it in the same way James Joyce did with Ulysses and Finnegan’s wake ? [same idea ?]

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #5,093 of 5,346
I will check it out. But at the time of reading Dali I found the words he used different and difficult.......where I needed a dictionary to read a couple lines? Though I should try it out. I just found his visuals language much more accessible? But it is never to late to open a book! Thank-you.

Huang is basically describing the electronic world we live in, as well as taking the freedom to suggest a further path, maybe true maybe speculative? It’s not for everyone, also it is kind of a reference book, lending use for chapters and maybe not a front to back read?

Jun 2, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #5,094 of 5,346
I will check it out. But at the time of reading Dali I found the words he used different and difficult.......where I needed a dictionary to read a couple lines? Though I should try it out. I just found his visuals language much more accessible? But it is never to late to open a book! Thank-you.

Huang is basically describing the electronic world we live in, as well as taking the freedom to suggest a further path, maybe true maybe speculative? It’s not for everyone, also it is kind of a reference book, lending use for chapters and maybe not a front to back read?
After reading your reply it dawned on me that the author of the book you’re presently reading is most likely Huang ... and, sure enough. This subject/ field is beyond my comprehension as was math in school. I’ve learned my limitations a few years ago and learned to accept them. I’m sure though that it’s a fascinating read. Cool. Thanks for interaction on various interesting reading subjects.

Jun 2, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #5,095 of 5,346
Jun 2, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #5,096 of 5,346
Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #5,097 of 5,346
Well, I don’t know of anyone who is actually writing about his subject. If you want to know about fake memory cards he talks about them. He also talks about the whole quality reinforcement in China. He deals with many subjects too, which probably are not of interest to you. It’s really a reference book.

Jun 2, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #5,098 of 5,346
Hey Redcarmoose, this evening I learned about a book entitled “Les Dîners de Gala” by Salvador Dali. I figured you‘d know about it for sure and you also most likely own a copy. I’m just curious to learn if you tried out one of the recipes in the book if you “do” own a copy.

1622607127740.jpeg

Oh? I see it really is a cook book. It may leave an indelible impression? Meaning I may not look at food the same way again?

Jun 2, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #5,099 of 5,346
Page 145

His definition of Moore’s law!
8B33CF59-FF78-4400-B0E9-97472D19CF91.png

page146image2212339648

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back