What book are you reading right now?
Sep 25, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #4,756 of 5,346
images

ya I know, makes me feel better about my vices.

Oct 22, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #4,763 of 5,346
2817h47.jpg

The Cannabis Manifesto (2015) by Steve DeAngelo.

Canada and its prime minister Justin Trudeau have done a great service to the Western world.

LEGALIZE MARIJUANA NOW

This book is a great introduction for anyone interested in what all the fuzz is about. I've been somewhat of an on-again off-again stoner since my college days, and a lot of the information in this book is new even to me.

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #4,764 of 5,346

True stories from the early days of the USN nuclear submarines...
Gripping stuff.

Thoroughly amazing read and opens up a lot of cold war history previously submerged. I cannot rate that one high enough,read that and most likely you will never bother with a Tom Clancy novel again.

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #4,766 of 5,346
Finished this yesterday.

41Tx6fl0%2B9L._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And what did you think? Personally it is one of my all time favourite novels of the Vietnam conflict. The title alone is brilliant enough to merit the pulitzer, so many layesr, What they carried, the personal baggage, the weapons the heartbreaks,the hopes of getting home eventualy. (Lemon Tree)
Follow that up with Going after Cacciato by all means. Rivaled only by Gustav Hasfords :The Short Timers" for a fictionalized account based on someones true life experiences in that War. O'Briens real talent here is prodding the reader with a story that he freely admits may or may not have happened for any anecdote and therein lies the brilliance of his writing, by doing that he makes the reading experience itself almost as chaotic as the war he participated in and writes about.

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #4,767 of 5,346
And what did you think? Personally it is one of my all time favourite novels of the Vietnam conflict. The title alone is brilliant enough to merit the pulitzer, so many layesr, What they carried, the personal baggage, the weapons the heartbreaks,the hopes of getting home eventualy. (Lemon Tree)
Follow that up with Going after Cacciato by all means. Rivaled only by Gustav Hasfords :The Short Timers" for a fictionalized account based on someones true life experiences in that War. O'Briens real talent here is prodding the reader with a story that he freely admits may or may not have happened for any anecdote and therein lies the brilliance of his writing, by doing that he makes the reading experience itself almost as chaotic as the war he participated in and writes about.
It was very poignant. I very much enjoyed the way he blended "fiction" with reality, never quite showing his hand. I had first heard of it a few years ago, but I really wanted to read it after watching the Ken Burns doc where O'Brien is featured.

Started on Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning today and I'm already halfway through.

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #4,768 of 5,346
It was very poignant. I very much enjoyed the way he blended "fiction" with reality, never quite showing his hand. I had first heard of it a few years ago, but I really wanted to read it after watching the Ken Burns doc where O'Brien is featured.

Started on Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning today and I'm already halfway through.

Good choices, happy reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back