What book are you reading right now?
Sep 28, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #4,606 of 5,348
Sep 29, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #4,608 of 5,348
As an aside here and I do believe it is germaine to the overall thread.

I think I mentioned this years ago but it seems to have gotten worse. Has anyone else noticed than in ebooks the typos seem to becoming more and more frequent. I used to cut this a lot of slack when it was a scan the original scenario, but really, these days is there an author out there that does not submit drafts and manuscripts electronically? How on earth can you have a typo or 10 on every page? Has the proof reader become a redundant job or has it been farmed out to non english countries for english language works.

I am quite stymied by this and would love to hear other e readers experiences.

Oct 12, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #4,609 of 5,348
c01e0a39c79c2996e0052f10ee6865198b57775e.jpg

An Alan Moore graphic novel. One of his more political works, not very flattering to The Company or the US in general...

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #4,612 of 5,348
the longest kill_4_jpg_265_400.jpg

Have a go at this one if you have not read it already. The previous record holder of the longest killshot in combat gives an uncensored view of his own life and life in the British Army through Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan. By no means a saint he gives a warts and all view of the evolution of a sniper and the aftermath of the most incredible cockup the Army made by releasing his name and picture for a newspaper article. Brutal view on the trade and none of the one shot one kill nonesense that a myriad of other tomes hype to no end. Up there with Irving's The Reaper for a true nuts and bolts look at the career of a shooter it is almost as wrenching a story as Hathcocks in Charles Hendersons Marine Sniper.

How any service can just discard these men after they are no longer of use is simply unbelievable.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #4,617 of 5,348
As an aside here and I do believe it is germaine to the overall thread.

I think I mentioned this years ago but it seems to have gotten worse. Has anyone else noticed than in ebooks the typos seem to becoming more and more frequent. I used to cut this a lot of slack when it was a scan the original scenario, but really, these days is there an author out there that does not submit drafts and manuscripts electronically? How on earth can you have a typo or 10 on every page? Has the proof reader become a redundant job or has it been farmed out to non english countries for english language works.

I am quite stymied by this and would love to hear other e readers experiences.
Catching up. This post is spot-on. I have noticed the same thing.
Never thought I read closely enough to catch errors like those.
But, now that I'm posting more and reading more posts my attention to detail has piqued.
So, thanks to Head-Fi for increasing my awareness.
So yes, I've seen errors as well. Should we report 'em to the publishers? What do y'all think?

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #4,620 of 5,348

I've been reading my way through Jordan Peterson's reading list as of late (https://jordanbpeterson.com/2017/10/great-books/). Still not sure if this is the best starting point for Jung's work, but it's definitely thought provoking, and I'm very much looking forward to delving further into his other works.

Jung's 'Psychological Types" is really a great insightful read as is 'Archetypes'..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back