What book are you reading right now?
Apr 29, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #4,531 of 5,346
upload_2017-4-29_23-25-0.jpeg

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #4,534 of 5,346
Either you're a bookworm, or you read short books......

I am definitely a bookworm. I don't really choose a book based on its length, but it seems that I have been reading some shorter length books lately. "The Handmaid's Tale" is short. I have "Animal Farm" on the pile (another short one...). I have a book on the pile called, "Private Empire..." about the history and world political power of Exxon (that one is fairly long!).

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #4,535 of 5,346
I am a bookworm as well, although these days I read a lot of newsletters and eBooks, as well as the 3 books I am currently reading.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #4,536 of 5,346
I am a bookworm as well, although these days I read a lot of newsletters and eBooks, as well as the 3 books I am currently reading.

Reading is definitely one of the chief pleasures of my life. I tried ebooks but I recently began to own the fact that I am "old school" in several ways. I need an actual book. I think that it's has something to do with the weight, and the feel and the smell of paper. Rate it as "too much information," but I also love to read while I'm taking a hot bath. It tends to warp and sometimes ruin my books, but it's worth it!

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #4,537 of 5,346
Robert M. Pirsig died on April 24th. RIP! Reason enough to re-read his fascinating 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'. An absolute classic!

rm_Pirsig.jpeg
ZatAoMCM.jpg

Apr 30, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #4,538 of 5,346
Robert M. Pirsig died on April 24th. RIP! Reason enough to re-read his fascinating 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'. An absolute classic!

I always intended to read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance." Unfortunately, it took a story about Pirsig's death and this post to remind me to do it...RIP Mr. Pirsig

May 1, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #4,540 of 5,346
I saw this on the front page of Reddit a couple of days ago. It's a shame. I like that book quite a bit. Now's as good a time as any to give it a whirl, for those who haven't.

Am starting Deep Learning by Ian Goodfellow, Yoshua Bengio, and Aaron Courville.
Deep_learning_book.jpg

May 1, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #4,541 of 5,346
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich: A History of Nazi Germany is a book by William L. Shirer chronicling the rise and fall of Nazi Germany from the birth of Adolf Hitler in 1889 to the end of World War II in 1945.

The best book on Nazi Germany to date! Written 1960.

You be a master scholar on the Nazi after this book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back