What book are you reading right now?
Sep 10, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #31 of 5,348
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
the art of war

ahhh yes... a great read... i always keep my copy (Thomas Cleary translation, annotated and illustrated) close... along with The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi, also translated by Cleary... and as a bonus, on the same book the also put The Book Of Family Traditions in the Art of War, by Yagyu Munemori...

They are all great to have... when i am in need of advice, i usually just open one of them on a random place and start reading... not only is it relaxing, but usually i can find something to apply to whatever problem i am having...

Sep 11, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #32 of 5,348
"Black Order" by James Rollins. Really enjoy his stuff, I've read everything he's written. Wow, the Book of Five Rings, now that's a blast from the past. Go Rin No Sho IIRC?

Sep 11, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #34 of 5,348
0385503490.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0385503490

As the song goes, "Even Old New York was once New Amsterdam." Unfortunately, for many Americans, that is the limit of their knowledge about the Dutch colony that was seized by the English in 1664. Shorto, author of two previous books and articles published in the New Yorker and the New York Times Magazine, presents an outstanding and revealing chronicle of the Dutch presence on Manhattan Island

Sep 11, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #35 of 5,348
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroyume
ahhh yes... a great read... i always keep my copy (Thomas Cleary translation, annotated and illustrated) close... along with The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi, also translated by Cleary... and as a bonus, on the same book the also put The Book Of Family Traditions in the Art of War, by Yagyu Munemori...

They are all great to have... when i am in need of advice, i usually just open one of them on a random place and start reading... not only is it relaxing, but usually i can find something to apply to whatever problem i am having...

one of my favorite..
is there any version, in the state, that is of 4 volume? i think it normally comes in 4-6 volumes in asia..

Dec 10, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #44 of 5,348
Rouse's translation of Homer's Iliad.

Dec 10, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #45 of 5,348
Right now.. Pirate by Ted Bell, prior to that it was Dark Ages America bu Morris Berman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back