What book are you reading right now?
Jul 6, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #3,016 of 5,348
I wonder if he either lost interest or simply was not sure how to tie all the threads together. it is really spread out ala Book 11 from Wheel of Time.

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #3,017 of 5,348
Quote:
I wonder if he either lost interest or simply was not sure how to tie all the threads together. it is really spread out ala Book 11 from Wheel of Time.

I am a huge wheel of time fan as well - been reading it since i was 15. you could have a point there. Jordan did seem like he was lost or did not know where to go and i actually got that same kind of feeling with book 4 of a song of ice and fire. Book five is good but seems a bit waning compared to the first 3. 

i just hope he finishes them before he dies. i mean he is a very unhealthy looking man and i would hate to see what happened to the wheel of time happen to a song of ice and fire! 

did you hear about the wheel of time short stories that were released?? 

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #3,018 of 5,348
No! I would love to read them. I am re-reading A New Spring right now and contemplating starting over....I thought Sanderson did a good job wrapping things up. I just wish the last book did not end so abruptly....Maybe I just wanted it to continue....

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #3,019 of 5,348
Quote:
No! I would love to read them. I am re-reading A New Spring right now and contemplating starting over....I thought Sanderson did a good job wrapping things up. I just wish the last book did not end so abruptly....Maybe I just wanted it to continue....

i read a new spring as well and really enjoyed it. the way of kings by brandon sanderson is very good you should give that a go. 
I have read the first 3 wheel of time books 4 times, usually around my birthday every year - it has become a bit if a custom now. i just love the chase in "the eye of the world". 

here is the short story review. 

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/05/the-wheel-of-time-unfettered-river-of-souls

it will be a great read i think for anyone who likes fantasy. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #3,020 of 5,348
Way of Kings is excellent. Sanderson's Blog mentioned he is working on the next volume. Book 4 of WoT is my favorite, but they are all good. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #3,021 of 5,348
Quote:
Way of Kings is excellent. Sanderson's Blog mentioned he is working on the next volume. Book 4 of WoT is my favorite, but they are all good. 

book 4 yea - i must go back and read that so. it might be my next venture  

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #3,023 of 5,348
Quote:

"The Investment Answer..." -  Daniel Goldie and Gordon Murray

Any good? I only read non fiction from time to time. I think there is a lot of drivle out there and it can be hard to get clued in on good non-fiction. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #3,024 of 5,348
Quote:
Quote:

"The Investment Answer..." -  Daniel Goldie and Gordon Murray

Any good? I only read non fiction from time to time. I think there is a lot of drivle out there and it can be hard to get clued in on good non-fiction. 

It's a good book that outlines some practical investing advice...it's only about 96 pages long...I wouldn't recommend it as representative of great non-fiction

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #3,025 of 5,348
Quote:
It's a good book that outlines some practical investing advice...it's only about 96 pages long...I wouldn't recommend it as representative of great non-fiction

Last good non-fiction i read was "Fermats last therom" actually it was probably the best non-fiction that i have ever read. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #3,026 of 5,348
Quote:
Quote:

Last good non-fiction i read was "Fermats last therom" actually it was probably the best non-fiction that i have ever read. 

Looks interesting...I could recommend a non-fiction book that I recently finished. It was well written...interesting topic as well...

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #3,027 of 5,348
Quote:
Looks interesting...I could recommend a non-fiction book that I recently finished. It was well written...interesting topic as well...

thanks for posting i will head to my local bookshop tomorrow and see if they have it. Scientology is a very interesting topic which tends to be shrowded in mystery. have you seen "the master" 

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #3,028 of 5,348
Quote:
Quote:

thanks for posting i will head to my local bookshop tomorrow and see if they have it. Scientology is a very interesting topic which tends to be shrowded in mystery. have you seen "the master" 

I have and that's precisely why I bought this book...I wish that I had read it before I saw the film...

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #3,029 of 5,348
Quote:
I have and that's precisely why I bought this book...I wish that I had read it before I saw the film...

aw crap now i'm in the same boat! 
frown.gif
 - still worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back