What Bands or Albums did you hate...at first?
Feb 18, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #31 of 43
MBV--Loveless. Thought it was a mess of weak noise when I first heard it. Now, ten years later, it's one of my favorite albums.

Feb 20, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #32 of 43
Oh forgot to mention my hate->love CD, heh.

Dream Theater - Awake. Heard "As I Am" WAY too much on the radio, can't stand it. Thought the rest of it was just awful, save Stream of Consciousness. Once I actually sat down and listened to it, it became one of my top 5 faves
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #33 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Oh forgot to mention my hate->love CD, heh.

Dream Theater - Awake. Heard "As I Am" WAY too much on the radio, can't stand it. Thought the rest of it was just awful, save Stream of Consciousness. Once I actually sat down and listened to it, it became one of my top 5 faves
biggrin.gif

i believe you're referring to train of thought, not awake :O

Feb 20, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #34 of 43
and as for some of my hate->love artists.

cocteau twins, fantomas, dillinger escape plan, plaid, bjork, autechre, devin townsend, steve vai, GYBE!, opeth, oval, refused, tortoise, the postman syndrome, and venetian snares are all that come to mind at the moment.. there have been others.

Feb 20, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox
i believe you're referring to train of thought, not awake :O

whoops. tis true. Unfortunately i'm not too good with the DT album names... granted it's a great band, but their engineering SUCKS. Most albums I can't even listen to because of the godawful treble
mad.gif

Feb 20, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #36 of 43
I used to hate all metal and rap. It probably came from my environment growing up. Now I listen to a lot of rap and hip-hop, and one of my favorite bands is Metallica. But, some of my 'new' favorite bands are starting to wear on me. I stopped liking Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson a long time ago. You could even say I hate Nine Inch Nails.

I also used to really hate classical music, but then I started playing instruments and I began to appreciate it more.

Feb 20, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II
I used to hate all metal and rap. It probably came from my environment growing up. Now I listen to a lot of rap and hip-hop, and one of my favorite bands is Metallica.

Metallica is metal?
confused.gif
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2005 at 8:03 AM Post #40 of 43
The Manic Street Preachers. I used to only like only one of their songs, "The Everlasting". Now I own every album they ever released (no small feat here in the US) and love every song. You need to understand the lyrics and the members of the band to truly appreciate them. The Holy Bible = best album ever.

Mar 1, 2005 at 10:57 AM Post #42 of 43
Strangely I hated or at least disliked almost all of my favourite albums on first listen. Even my beloved Lord of the Rings soundtracks... when I first listened to them at Kunwar's I thought they were "okay" but listening made them grow on me to the point that they are my preferred music to go to sleep to. Bjork and Radiohead took me heaps longer to get into than just about everything else.

The exception, that is the album I liked on first listen, includes:

Prokofiev violin concerto
Paganini violin concerto 2 & 4
Madonna Immaculate collection
Kraftwerk the mix

TonyAAA

Mar 1, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #43 of 43
White Stripes. His voice is abrasive at first, but it grows on you.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back