What artist(s) do you have all their albums?
Nov 14, 2002 at 7:30 PM Post #31 of 239
i have over a thousand cds and the question more likely for me is, what artists DON'T i have all the albums for?
biggrin.gif

oh and what happens when a decent band (ie: weezer) turns to **** and i only own the albums "that count"?
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2002 at 2:53 AM Post #32 of 239
At last count I had 2098 CD's. I think I've got just about complete catalogs of several groups/musicians, but I'll list the specs for only one:

I have 154 CD's by Bill Evans. In addition to individual CD's, that total includes 7 different box sets, the largest being the rusty Verve box (18 CD's). I don't think all of these are available domestically. Lots of them were bought on trips to London, Hong Kong, Japan and other places that for whatever reason seem to value American jazz.

There was talk about "binge buying" in another thread. I've been on a Bill Evans binge for the past 15-20 years.

Aside
Bill Evans was the piano player for Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" (all but one song). He lead one of the most important piano trios in jazz history (early '60s) that included Scott Lafaro on bass and Paul Motian on drums. Check out "Sunday at the Village Vanguard" or "Waltz for Debby" for this period. Tragically, Lafaro died in a car accident when the trio was at the height of its creativity. It turns out the accident happened in Flint, NY -- just a few miles down the road from me. I think about it every time I drive by there. It makes me kind of sad... I never had a chance to hear Bill Evans live. He died in Sept. of 1980 after years of substance abuse.

Nov 19, 2002 at 7:50 PM Post #33 of 239
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
The Offspring
Ignition
Smash
Ixnay on the Hombre
Americana
Conspiracy of One

I'll be you are either missing "The Offspring" or "Ignition."

I'm missing The Offspring.

I have both Buckcherry CD's but only one in both "clean" and regular versions.

Nov 20, 2002 at 2:50 AM Post #34 of 239
R.E.M. I was strangely compelled to buy their last album to complete my collection even though it sucks IMO.

Chantal Kreviazuk - Have all 3 albums

Sarah McLachlan - Have'em all again

I think that's it, I'll have to go check to be sure.

Nov 20, 2002 at 4:29 AM Post #35 of 239
Radiohead
Weezer

Hopefully that list will be much longer in say, ten years.

Nov 20, 2002 at 3:35 PM Post #36 of 239
Sonic Youth
Cocteau Twins
)EIB(
Ed Rush & Optical
Plastikman
Speedy J
Air
Kraftwerk
Autechre
godspeedyoublackemperor
and a couple more I think... they were hard to find & accumulate!

Still working on: Neil Young, The Residents, Slowdive, Eric's Trip, Suicide, Venetian Snares, and others...

Jan 9, 2003 at 7:23 AM Post #38 of 239
Nine Inch Nails

Aphex Twin (finally!)

Autechre

Boards of Canada - the most difficult

Marilyn Manson

... and I do mean EVERY release. That's close to 100 cds from those five groups.

Jan 9, 2003 at 9:04 AM Post #39 of 239
Quote:

Originally posted by sapphiremodena
Matthew Good Band (7 - 4 Lp's, 3 Ep's)
Sarah Slean (4 - 2 Lp's, 2 Ep's)
Coldplay (2 - and also two of their many singles)

Update:

Ours (only two albums)
Norah Jones (every single one of them!
biggrin.gif
)

And I'll soon add Radiohead if/when I buy Kid A. I went on a Radiohead shopping spree during boxing week, and ended up with My Iron Lung, The Bends, and Amnesiac, to keep OK Computer company.

Also I should mention I don't actually have all of MGB's albums. There's no way to find Lo-Fi B-Sides unless I were to (a) win it at the 'Weapon' video shoot, (b) pay $200-$300 US on eBay, or (3) Go back in time and buy 'Underdogs' and get 'LFBS' for free at HMV.

"Hmmm..... a time machine, you say?"

tongue.gif

Jan 9, 2003 at 10:41 AM Post #40 of 239
I have all cd`s of these great bands:

Massive Attack
Stereo MC`s
Mano Negra
Astral Projection
Manu Chao
Eyesburn
Metallica - (just can`t stop buying them although my teen years are over long ago)

This list looks quite odd to myself since some of my favorite bends cannot be inluded because I miss an album or two of theirs.

Jan 9, 2003 at 12:46 PM Post #41 of 239
The Beatles
Marshall Crenshaw
Dave Matthews Band
Simon and Garfunkel
Ian Hunter
Stone Roses
The Police
The Smiths
REM

That's it...but I'm awfully close on a LOT of others.
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2003 at 6:58 PM Post #43 of 239
Led Zeppelin.

Thats all I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back