What are your pet peeves?
Jan 18, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #76 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is one of mine for sure.
I hate it when I'm watching an old movie on a sunday afternoon, warm breeze coming in thru the window, all conducive to a nice nap...then all of a sudden the TV comercials start blasting loudly and I wake up all agitated and flustered. grrrrr
mad.gif

Since I got my Sony Bravia TV, I found a setting in the menu to keep the volume the same!

So no more being shocked out of my reverie by screaming ads that are twice as loud as the program!

Jan 19, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #81 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Single-ply toilet paper.

Or worse yet, industrial single ply...like at stores, hospitals, schools, etc. That stuff's like 50 grit sandpaper!
eek.gif
frown.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #85 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My ones kinda weird.

Ever since I was really small I've always been annoyed when my sister sings. This would normally be fine, but it seems that my sister has a very good singing voice and has won alot of awards for it.

Also, I can't think of a reason why I am annoyed by it... I just am. It's really really strange
blink.gif

I just started reading this thread, but Holy Cow, my sister's singing voice is annoying to me as well. She made school choir, and the majority of our community of family friends think she's perfect but I really cannot stand it when she does start to sing. I was sitting downstairs in my room a couple of days ago, and I could hear her 'warbling' all the way upstairs. Not only that, but the song she was singing, she could not hit the high notes at all, and she was distinctly singing at the wrong pitch. I've tried to ask her to not sing when I'm around, sing softly, or anything, but then that is usually followed by her telling me I have no ear, and my parents telling me to get off of her back.

Jan 19, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #87 of 99
Rude city/government employees. Like we owe them or something. They owe US, if anything.
biggrin.gif

Just today at the post office a couple didn't fill out a shipping form properly and was told to leave the counter and fill it out at another table. Post employee starts ranting out loud to another counter employee about how people never do things correctly. (This was in Chinese, and I speak their dialect so I understood them) WTFJERKS.

Jan 19, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #88 of 99
1. Lazy coworkers
2. Rudedness
3. Unwarrented disrespect (particularly towards women.)
4. People talking to me from 5 meters away or through a door.
5. Obnoxiously loud talking or laughter.
6. Airplane noise (can't wait to stop working at LAX)
7. Slooooowwww drivers.
8. The TSA (can hardly stand anyone from this orginazation)
9. George W. Bush and his supporters. (I know this ins't a pet peeve, but good god he was the intellect of a potato)
10. Celebrities
11. First day of work.
12. Lists
13. Placing periods at the end of incomplete sentences.

Jan 19, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #89 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rude city/government employees. Like we owe them or something. They owe US, if anything.
biggrin.gif

Just today at the post office a couple didn't fill out a shipping form properly and was told to leave the counter and fill it out at another table. Post employee starts ranting out loud to another counter employee about how people never do things correctly. (This was in Chinese, and I speak their dialect so I understood them) WTFJERKS.

USPS postal workers can be straight up @ss-0s . One time I was mailing an envelope and licked the adhesive right off of the stamp. I ask if the lady behind the counter could glue it on for me. Her response: "You too good to lick it yourself?"--bitch.

Jan 19, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #90 of 99
In no particular order:

Warm toilet seats

Anybody who touches my stuff and puts it down in not the exact position I left it in.

People using my stuff.

Messy cables behind the entertainment center, computer, audio equipment, etc.

A suit that isn't tailored, mine or somebody elses.

When the tongue of my sneaker slides to one side.

People who laugh outrageously loud at movie theaters.

Somebody using my pillow. You can sleep on my bed, just don't use my pillow. Unless you're hot...then I don't care.

People who talk loudly into the phone.

People who reposition the talking end of the phone in front of their mouth when talking, then position it back to their ear after they're done talking.

People who don't park centered and straight in a parking space.

That's just off the top of my head....I have severe OCD..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back