B00005KB9T.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

we be jammin' mon
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #6,456 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
I'm a sucker for cheesy 80's music at times
biggrin.gif

Boy, you're not alone brother. I was cleaning house today to "Invisible Touch" by Genesis. When "Land of Confusion" came on, I became supremely stoked. My mind wondered back to that sweet video with the reagan puppets.

Swing From The Gutters - Tortoise

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #6,460 of 9,280
"Another White Bird" from Blush Music by Woven Hand. Incredible set. Great sonics and great music. Loved the original Woven Hand debut that this was somewhat derived from, but this is the next level. Definitely in retro-contention for best of 2003.

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #6,462 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
"Whitewashed" - lilium

Hehehe, didn't see that before I posted. Another nice David Eugene Edwards lyric and vocal. How'd ya like that Lilium so far? I think that Kal Cahoone is a gem. She's got that dusty vocal down, kind of like Chan Marshall, but a stronger voice. Pretty nice men singing on that one too. Almost as bad as our Califone meets Red Red Meat obsession from a few months ago, huh?

wink.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #6,463 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey
"Another White Bird" from Blush Music by Woven Hand. Incredible set. Great sonics and great music. Loved the original Woven Hand debut that this was somewhat derived from, but this is the next level. Definitely in retro-contention for best of 2003.

I'm definitely with you there. I like the original but it's like he re-thought the songs after-the-fact. "Blush Music" has much greater depth and emotional impact. [Roots & Crowns] just blows me away. Califone is just too great. Have they released anything that you've never told me about? Carla Bozulich is out there man.
wink.gif
That one's going to have to grow on me. I have been enjoying "Tiny Voices" in the car all week. Currently, I'm liking every song on the Lilium disc. How's their other CD "Transmission Of All The Goodbyes?"

"Sorry" - lilium

Oct 15, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #6,465 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey
Hehehe, didn't see that before I posted. Another nice David Eugene Edwards lyric and vocal. How'd ya like that Lilium so far? I think that Kal Cahoone is a gem. She's got that dusty vocal down, kind of like Chan Marshall, but a stronger voice. Pretty nice men singing on that one too. Almost as bad as our Califone meets Red Red Meat obsession from a few months ago, huh?

wink.gif

Obsession, now that's a concept that I have no familiarity with!
wink.gif
That Califone/Red Red Meat obsession is still paying off. I go back to all of their music regularly. (...especially on my iPod when I'm in the big city and in my car) I'm liking lilium more with every song. The vocals are exceptional throughout. I was wondering how Sixteen Horsepower would sound without David Eugene Edwards. They seem to get along just fine. I just got and I am anxious to listen to "Low Estate."

"Angels" - lilium

Users who are viewing this thread

Back