What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#5]
Jun 15, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #2,026 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
I think you should really listen to "A Thousand Leaves" (1998).

Yeah, I do have A Thousand Leaves and the SYR4: Goodbye 20th Century and Murray Street, just not a couple of the others in that path. To be honest, at this point, except for that amazing guitar interplay that seems to just get better and better, I'm kind of played out on Sonic Youth. I like the music when I listen, but just don't feel compelled to listen that often. The recording quality in their modern times has really been amazing though. I suspect this new one sounds great too, but I still have older SY recordings that I really haven't played enough.

Jun 15, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #2,033 of 9,280
"Wasted Sacrifice" - Killswitch Engage

Jun 15, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #2,037 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey
Yeah, I do have A Thousand Leaves and the SYR4: Goodbye 20th Century and Murray Street, just not a couple of the others in that path. To be honest, at this point, except for that amazing guitar interplay that seems to just get better and better, I'm kind of played out on Sonic Youth. I like the music when I listen, but just don't feel compelled to listen that often. The recording quality in their modern times has really been amazing though. I suspect this new one sounds great too, but I still have older SY recordings that I really haven't played enough.

You might want to check out this interview on NPR (includes two streamed songs):
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5479731

Jun 15, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #2,038 of 9,280
"I know" - Rocket From The Crypt

Decay
3000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back