What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#5]
Nov 19, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #7,322 of 9,280
@>~>~~ The Muse Awakens by: Happy the Man ~~<~<@
k701smile9ga.gif

Nov 19, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #7,329 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"The Beginner" - Wheat

How'd the Wheat grow on you over time? Still like?

"Blues From Down Here" by Iggy Pop ... oops, I mean David Bowie ... no, that's not it, I mean TV on the Radio, yeah, that's it. Really like this record. Well, most of it anyway. Didn't love all the last one either, but when they're on, the music shames most indie type bands with its inventiveness and exuberance. Love that extended "Wash the Day" closer, and the bonus section closer too in "Things You Can Do". Sound quality is a bit rough at times, but good enough to enjoy the music.

Nov 19, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #7,331 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How'd the Wheat grow on you over time? Still like?

"Blues From Down Here" by Iggy Pop ... oops, I mean David Bowie ... no, that's not it, I mean TV on the Radio, yeah, that's it. Really like this record. Well, most of it anyway. Didn't love all the last one either, but when they're on, the music shames most indie type bands with its inventiveness and exuberance. Love that extended "Wash the Day" closer, and the bonus section closer too in "Things You Can Do". Sound quality is a bit rough at times, but good enough to enjoy the music.

"Hope and Adams" has definitely become a favorite of mine. It seems to be one of those discs that I discover something different to like about it everytime I listen to it. "Per Second, Per Second, Per Second...Every Second" is not as interesting long term. Good music, I get it out every now and then. I like TV On The Radio as well. I don't seem to be as enthusiastic about "Return To Cookie Mountain" as most people seem to be, but I definitely like it. I have been so into Califone, Sparklehorse, and Tom Waits this Fall that everything else has been on the sidelines. I have been listening to a lot of Harold Budd as well. (especially "The White Arcades"...) Got a bunch more Tom Waits coming later this week...
biggrin.gif

"The Kiss" - The Cure

Nov 19, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #7,332 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like TV On The Radio as well. I don't seem to be as enthusiastic about "Return To Cookie Mountain" as most people seem to be, but I definitely like it. I have been so into Califone, Sparklehorse, and Tom Waits this Fall that everything else has been on the sidelines.

Yeah, I hear ya. The TVOTR isn't as high on my list as it seems to be for most critic types, but does have some pretty cool moments. The falsetto vocal counterpoint wears on me a bit, and sometimes the main singer is also a bit too mannered, but overall I've been liking it a lot, even while wishing they would scale back the vocals a bit. The walls of guitars and effects do make it all worth it
cool.gif

Back to some Songs:Ohia right now. "Ring the Bell". Love that gloom and doom ...

I know that serpents will cross universes to circle around our necks
I know that hounds will cross a universe to circle around our feet
They're always close
Always so close
Step by step, one's beside me, to kill me or to guide me
Why wouldn't I be trying to figure which one out
Why wouldn't I be trying to figure which one out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back