What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#4]
Jan 24, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #2,151 of 4,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
"In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" - matt pond PA

That just seems so wrong
wink.gif

Nothing for me right now, but had some Tindersticks playing earlier. Simple Pleasure. Nearly solid gold from the opening "Can We Start Again?" to the closing "I Know That Loving" and "CF GF" (can't separate them, they're both so great, twin closers). Love it ...

B00001R3LI.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Jan 24, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #2,152 of 4,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
This Modern Love - Bloc Party

Heard a live recording of that over the weekend and it's a lot of fun. They are a damn tight band for being so young. Bright future.

Jan 24, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #2,156 of 4,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
I'm reconsidering that rebirthing session I scheduled for next week.

Depends what they do at the rebirthing session. Pregnant women can be kinda hot
wink.gif

Breathe in, breathe out. Rebirthing reminds me of that Modest Mouse song, Heart Cooks Brain, out with the bad and getting refilled through my ears...

On the way to god don't know
my brain's the burger and my heart's the coal
I'm trying to get my head clear
I push things out through my mouth
I get refilled through my ears

Jan 24, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #2,157 of 4,090
All the waves of blame arrange as broken scenery
As they steal your best memories away
What if I was someone different in your only history?
Would you feel the same
As I walk out the door
Never to see your face again

Jan 24, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #2,158 of 4,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
Yeah, I know what you're saying. I have got to check out that "Nine Horses" disc.

"Bird On A Wire" - Rogue Wave

Are you familiar with Sylvian's past work? Japan and the Rain Tree Crow reunion and his album with Fripp and all that? Lots of good stuff over the years, but this new one is pretty damn nice. A real treat for fans, that's for sure. Probably a good place to start for someone new as well. Not sure, maybe. Kind of melancholy in the song subjects, but he usually is in recent times. The record always just seems so professionally made, but still very musical and emotional. Hard to find moving music and solid production and expert players all in one place, but that's what this is about, at least for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back