What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#3?]
Dec 29, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #17 of 2,764
Hendrix - Hear my train a comin'.

I think this ones a live version off one of the stages CDs. I really like this song. Its so strong and forward moving, about hendrix rejoicing in the knowledge that he's going to be moving onwards and away from his lonely and painful youth and town.

Dec 29, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #18 of 2,764
Today had been a weird mix...
Nelly Furtado - Folklore
Litened to about half the album on my way to work. I always enjoy it.
Rasputina - How We Quit The Forest
Neo-Victorian Chamber Rock, always a good way to start the work day. I really like their last two albums, but I think this is a stronger effort.
The Dresden Dolls - The Dresden Dolls
Picked this up last night on a friend's recommendation. It didn't disappont. Not sure how to describe it. If you've heard 'em, you know what I mean. If you haven't, it's worth checking out.
Tweaker - 2 a.m. Wakeup Call
I was a big fan of Attraction To All Things Uncertain, but hadn't listened to it in a while. Pulled it up during some holiday travelling, remembered how much I enjoyed it, and decided to pick up the follow-up. What a strong album. Often I have trouble with guest vocalists because I find it breaks up the flow of an album, but the instrumental interludes transition well between vocalists.
and finally, right now...
The Rose Chronicles - Dead and Gone to Heaven
All I have to say is Kristy Thirsk has and amazing voice.
and cued up to get through the rest of the work day
Atreyu - Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses
This should give me the kick I need! This album always impresses me with its mix of the hard and the melodic.

Dec 29, 2004 at 8:16 PM Post #19 of 2,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
Davey,
I appreciate that you share your extensive, vivid descriptions of music. I have found your descriptions to be accurate and your recommendations to be sound. You have steered me in the right direction several times now. Your various posts have gotten me on to Dirty Three, and Arcade Fire just to give two examples. Autolux and Pinback are on the way. Thanks!
cool.gif

Thanks for the kind words and I hope you enjoy those two new ones. I've been listening so much to that new Autolux that it's become almost like an old friend. Great album. Quickly moving up my list of this years favorites. If you do wind up liking it, check out that last Voyager One album I mentioned in the Autolux thread (or some of their MBV-like influences that we mentioned). But wait until you've heard the Autolux before getting anything else like it because it's not an automatic that you'll love it as much as me
wink.gif

Lots of mini-reviews of other stuff I like and have posted about in the past collected at my site, but I mostly post about newish-type stuff so it doesn't go back very far.

Dec 29, 2004 at 9:15 PM Post #21 of 2,764
Davey,
Gottcha, I must check out your site...thanks again...

What am I listening to right now?

artist: Arcade Fire
album: Funeral
song: Haiti

I can't get enough of this album at the moment. It is a masterful, interesting, mood-altering musical journey. The song "Haiti" is especially good. I love it. I almost never put an entire CD on my iPod, but I couldn't cut any of these songs out. It is so nice to find an album like this....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back