What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#3?]
Feb 2, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #301 of 2,764
Hernan Cattaneo "Perfecto Presents::South America"
Sony SCD-1(transport)>Cary 306/200(DAC)>Singlepower SDS>HD650/Zu

Feb 2, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #303 of 2,764
James Brown being interviewed by Terry Gross on NPR's Fresh Air. Pretty cool, but man, his voice is shot. I can barely understand him.

Feb 2, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #304 of 2,764
Black Mountain - Set Us Free

Feb 2, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #305 of 2,764
D:Fuse "People_2, Both sides of the picture"
Cary 306/200 > SinglePower SDS > HD650/Zu
600smile.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 6:29 AM Post #307 of 2,764
Artist: Magnetic Fields
Album: I
Track: I don't believe in you

Feb 5, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #314 of 2,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
"Named And Shamed" - The Flaming Stars

Hey, I recognize that album. Do you like it? I don't like it quite as much as the last one called Sunset & Void, but it is pretty nice. The last one rocks out more. Have you heard the Tindersticks? Kind of similar sound, especially in the singer and the mood, although the Flaming Stars have some of that spaghetti western film noir sound like Calexico, a little Ennio Morricone in the mix. Anyway, hope you didn't waste your money, but technically I didn't actually recommend it to you, did I?
rolleyes.gif

This morning I had to pull out the Television CD from 1992 that I was talking some about yesterday with a buddy of mine. Not their most critically acclaimed by far, and many fans seem to have thought it was a letdown, but not me. I loved it from the first spin, and still do. Nobody has ever played guitars together like Verlaine and Lloyd. Nobody. Love the way the album opens slowly, but with a kind of surrealistic sound that doesn't betray any particular time frame or era. Really just a continuation of Marquee Moon, but from an older and more wordly perspective. Nearly timeless. The ecstatic, driving "Shane, she wrote this" that comes after the wonderful "1880 or so" opener is a great song, but that leads into "In World" and then into the noir detective (or spy) tale "Call Mr. Lee" which takes off into some alternate-universe experience familiar to those of us who were onboard for their first recordings. And "Rhyme", and then another big favorite in the quirky and slightly Eno-esque (didn't Eno produce their demo or something like that?)sounding "No Glamour for Willi" and then on to....

But getting back to track two.....

Shane
I want to know

Sisters rejoice in a B-minor chord,
With wildly impassioned delight
Rapture is mine now as I behold
All turning holy and bright
So bright.

She gives me all the love
Why do I not hear my name?
She gives me all the love
Maybe I don't understand.