What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#3?]
Sep 10, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #2,553 of 2,764
Dirty Little Secret - Sarah McLachlan

Sep 10, 2005 at 1:45 PM Post #2,555 of 2,764
"Marginal Over" - Wilderness

...I'm liking this one alot! Great guitar, very ethereal, "echoey," beautiful, singer has an unusual style but I'm liking it!...impressive. Little bit of U2 and The Cure in there somewhere. Every song on this album is going on the iPod. These guys are going to be big...Check out the very accurate Pitchfork review...
cool.gif

http://pitchforkmedia.com/record-rev...lderness.shtml

Sep 10, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #2,557 of 2,764
Matt Elliott - The Mess We Made
Kind of a nice sound for a weekend morning, with some of that same feel I like about the brilliant modern neo-classical albums by the likes of Rachel's (The Sea and the Bells) and Roger Eno (The Flatlands), with the classical acoustic guitars, and piano and some ethereal cello weaving the backdrop, but with more electronic treatments than either of those, one of Dusty's more sublime recs that almost sounds like it was recorded in a church at times with the backing vocals and the highly ambient mix, especially on the amazing closer "Forty Days", very nice

Sep 10, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #2,563 of 2,764
Adagio for Strings (molto adagio) by the L.A. Philharmonic on my AKG K271S. Stunning.

Gorillaz is next
icon10.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #2,564 of 2,764
Lucia - [From the Land of Volcanos] - Feels Like Summer

Sep 11, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #2,565 of 2,764
I love most any Coltrane recording, and especially one that features Eric Dolphy too. This disc really suprised me. I never really hear of it as being mentioned among Coltranes's best recordings. But now, I (for one) am going to cherish this recorded event in my memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back