What are you getting YOURSELF for Christmas?
Dec 22, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #61 of 73
Sennheiser HD650
600smile.gif
+ Grado RS1
rs1smile.gif

I have no self control
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif

Dec 22, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #63 of 73
Bad news: I'm working overtime during the holiday season.

Good news: I get paid by the hour!!

I got myself a pair of Shure e3c's to block out the outside world and keep me sane in NYC during the holiday rush!

Dec 23, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #67 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
Wow!

Can I be a Buddihist too?
biggrin.gif

BW

As far as the smug elements of Buddhism are concerned, you already are... See, there are people who say that since we can consider Moses, Muhammad and of course the big JC as bodhisattvas, they're actually part of the greater Buddhism faith and in fact all of you are Buddhists, if non practicing ones. I've actually talked this concept over with some monks of a sect of Buddhism and it reminded me of a character in the British-Asian comedy series "Goodness Gracious Me" (where my nick comes from, from another character in the series) who believes that everything originated from India. These monks really believed that any religion in the world adhered to or originated from Buddhism.

That piece of trivia aside, what I might buy myself are some socks. Somewhere in my home there is a disturbance in the fabric of reality into which all my left socks are drawn to. This year it looks like I'm getting mainly big-ticket presents, so perhaps the obligatory set of socks won't make an appearance... in which case I must buy myself a few pairs.

Dec 23, 2004 at 10:43 AM Post #68 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by slick
what the heck kind of watch is that? looks pretty darn cool.

it's a fossil watch- the frank gehry series. titanium case and digital time. at noon and midnight, the watch will read 'noon' and 'midnight'. time is either 'til' or 'past'. there's also 'quarter' and 'half'.

for example: 10 til 5, 13 past midnight, half past 4 or quarter past noon. a bit.. quirky, eh?
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
Interesting watch, but weird. I think it would confuse me more than anything. How much does it sell for?

i'm not sure how much it goes for in the states, but over here where i live i got it for the equivalent of ~$140; an early christmas present for myself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2004 at 10:44 AM Post #69 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
That piece of trivia aside, what I might buy myself are some socks. Somewhere in my home there is a disturbance in the fabric of reality into which all my left socks are drawn to. This year it looks like I'm getting mainly big-ticket presents, so perhaps the obligatory set of socks won't make an appearance... in which case I must buy myself a few pairs.

wait, you can tell which side is left?
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #70 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
wait, you can tell which side is left?
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

After a while, yeah... it's easy. That and I have a lot of logo'd socks. On balance, left sock seems to go missing more than right.

Dec 23, 2004 at 1:01 PM Post #72 of 73
Nothing.

I send my parents the URLs of the stuff I want "Santa" to bring.

Now, this is what I expect "Santa" to bring.
SR-60. My broother got into PC audio, but doesn't have headphones or speakers. I hooked him up with some old Altec Lansing stuff, but it's somewhat annoying because he is right next to me and is still working on the "variety" aspect of music selection. I wonder "How many times can you listen to the same [insert a popular punk rock band] CD?" My V6s don't isolate enough not to hear it, and, of course, my kenwood interferes with them when both are on. So I decided that he needs headphones, and therefore, also decided to lend him my V6s and get SR-60s for myself, due to hearing them at several meets.
Russian Ushanka. I don't like cold ears, and my friend has a Ushanka and tells me it's very warm. I can also put on the hammer and the sicle for kicks, in a politically incorrect environment.
I also did some research about amps for my new toys, thank you very much to the wonderful people in the DIY section and the Amps section. I'm torn between building a PIMETA and trying to restore a FIsher 500B from Curbside Vintage Audio Equipment.

Dec 24, 2004 at 7:31 AM Post #73 of 73
I think I've finally decided, after almost 2 years of saving a finicking, to get myself a Dodd Audio Headphone Amp, a Cambridge Audio Azur 640c, and a nice silver Headphile standard series interconnect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back