what are you drinking right now..
Apr 29, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #556 of 1,187
Quote:

Originally Posted by lowmagnet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unibroue - La Fin Du Monde

They keep fizzing up when I open them
frown.gif
I'm really careful, but they keep blowing their head. I guess it's an "Ale on Lees" thing.

I've found Unibroue to be remarkably inconsistent in terms of carbonation -- perhaps due to the vicissitudes of distributors' storage. Certain bottles of Terrible have been perfect, others, tap-water flat. (Do you store your bottles upright before opening? Sliding Fin du Monde out of your fridge horizontally before opening might be part of the issue.)

16, the latest version of the series that began with the inimitable 10, is rather like a smoother more citrusy version of Fin du Monde. At $8.95, a 750ml bottle costs less than FdM's 375ml four-pack; it might prove more satisfying (and offer new reasons to call yourself a member of Head-fi).

At the mome, I'm drinking N'ice Chouffe, which I prefer to other Chouffe variants I've tasted and recommend tall-ly (despite the misgivings of certain Beer Advocate curmudgeons).

May 1, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #566 of 1,187
Jack Daniel's on ice.

May 4, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #567 of 1,187
Just had a large Gin and Russchian, a half bottle of red wine (cabernet shiraz) and a glass of port.

And now, for more gin.

May 5, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #568 of 1,187
422.jpg

May 5, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #569 of 1,187
I'm presently enjoying a fine Minute Maid grape punch drinking box of 2007 vintage and a very well aged half eaten bag of BBQ Fritos.

Notes of an apple juice base add a lightness that refreshes, and creates a nice contrast between the greasy heartiness and bold, lingering aftertaste of the corn chips.

Since this is a music forum, I recommend enjoying this hors d'oeuvre with a little of Steely Dan's "Can't Buy a Thrill", at moderate volume.

May 5, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #570 of 1,187
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since this is a music forum, I recommend enjoying this hors d'oeuvre with a little of Steely Dan's "Can't Buy a Thrill", at moderate volume.

Brilliant CD. It'd definately make my shortlist for albums to play with a gin&tonic and a bowl of olive an feta based nibbles. Competing against ELO - A New World Record and Taj Mahal - Dancing The Blues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back