what are you drinking right now..
Nov 1, 2004 at 9:18 PM Post #91 of 1,192
A bad cup of government coffee that I paid $.25 for.

Coffee from Costco. Water from the men's room....warm water from the tap. There's no break room here at this government building.

I think I am going to be sick....

Nov 2, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #92 of 1,192
A Porter I brewed and bottled in 1996. Designated P#3, it is dark, rich, chocolatey, with nice coffee undertones. And strong. Unlike me, it's held up well to time. Back in '96, when my sweet Jenny was with me and Rosie was just a sparkle in her old pa's eye . . .

Nov 2, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #93 of 1,192
Sipping Vernors and Scotch out of a brandy snifter. It was bad scotch (Grand Macnish) that I got as a gift and wanted to finish.

Tastes okay in the vernors though.

What do I wish I were drinking?
Either a Hoegaarden, a black&tan, or a nice rye and ginger.

Nov 2, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #94 of 1,192
Caffiene free Diet Pepsi, of course

Nov 2, 2004 at 3:42 PM Post #97 of 1,192
Just got up about an hour ago and had a tall glass of water. Now I'm about to start on my first cup freshly ground and brewed 100% pure Kona coffee. Yum!
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2004 at 4:23 PM Post #99 of 1,192
Are you using a french press? At the most recent Toronto meet the host, tomek, made me some coffee using his french press [actually I think his girlfriend made it] and it was awesome. Packs quite a kick as well... I hadnt eaten anything and I was buzzing around the meet until the beer that yorgi brought started kicking in.
icon10.gif

I'm drinking coffee as well, but it is rather boring stuff from a place called Pumpernickels. Cheap though.
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #103 of 1,192
A few hours ago, I quaffed Ama no To Tokubetsu Junmai ("Heaven's Door") with a friend; currently, I'm trying to resist uncorking a bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12 just before toddling to beddy-blädterrtzspaephgtl.

Recently, I located a spot in the LES that sells three 1 pt 9.4 oz bottles of Abt 12 for $24 ($8 apiece, which is rather a coup). I last snagged that package today at 9:45 a.m.

My cashier: "Hey, if you need 10% alcohol to get you through the workday, sobeit."

Nov 3, 2004 at 9:07 PM Post #104 of 1,192
hmmm, after reading Scrypt's Bernardus abt 12, i have an extension about the high % beer.

For some years now i'm not the trappist man I used to be. Now i'm only drinking pils, not the Rocheford 10, Kwak or other Tripel.

But every autumn there are special autumn beers. i thought, let's trying something else and have a special beer.

As Grolsch is my preferred pils, i've bought "het kanon" 11,6% alc. a special Grolsch beer (not an autumn beer). I've bought 2 bottles of them, both 45 cl. The first i had yesterday, now i have my second one.
After drinking these 2 bottles i noticed that this beer really beats my "getting drunk easy" favourite, Rocheford 10.
Or perhaps i'm not the Trappist die-hard anymore and i'm getting drunk easy these days.

As i'm again interested in the "getting drunk easy" favourite, perhaps there is one contender left for the "getting drunk easy" price: Bush Ambree 12%.

Are there people who have the privilege to drink the Bush Ambree??

BushAmbree.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back