What are UM1 users using?
Feb 11, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #16 of 37
With the soft flex, it's not hard to hear people talking around you. But that is the least isolating of all tips.

I think isolation is dependent more on the tip than on the IEM itself.

Feb 12, 2006 at 8:00 AM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by R MaN
It sort of says it in the manual I got with the UM1's...

I don't know what kind of manual yours came with, but it doesn't mention anything like a time frame in the instruction sheet i got with mine. it just says to change the tips regularly, and as soon as they get soiled.

anyone have any real-world figures on how long they last?

Feb 12, 2006 at 2:55 PM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by fruit_bearer
I don't know what kind of manual yours came with, but it doesn't mention anything like a time frame in the instruction sheet i got with mine. it just says to change the tips regularly, and as soon as they get soiled.

anyone have any real-world figures on how long they last?

Thats what I meant to say when they said to change them regularly.

Feb 12, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
With the soft flex, it's not hard to hear people talking around you. But that is the least isolating of all tips.

I think isolation is dependent more on the tip than on the IEM itself.

What do you use that isolates better than the complys?

Feb 12, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #20 of 37
I was refering to the soft flex tips as being the least isolating. I don't know of any tips that isolate better than the complys. By the way, in case this is the cause of confusion, the soft flex tips are not the same as the comply tips.

Feb 15, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #22 of 37
I tryed the standard complys yesterday and they don't stick out that far..... The flanges that came with the UM1 are a bit uncomfy to me...

Feb 15, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #23 of 37
Hi all!

Just got the UM1s. I was wondering if it was any use to even use the case that came with it. I have a case for my player that could hold the wires in sort of the same way. I don't see how the case could be any different for not getting the wires tangled. I'm using tri-flange for now as well. Thanks.

Feb 16, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by rtlo888
Hi all!

Just got the UM1s. I was wondering if it was any use to even use the case that came with it. I have a case for my player that could hold the wires in sort of the same way. I don't see how the case could be any different for not getting the wires tangled. I'm using tri-flange for now as well. Thanks.

How do you like them so far?

Feb 16, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #25 of 37
Westone users, do the shorter complys offer more isolation? What tips ie Shure, ETY or Westone offers the most isolation?

Thanks

"R"

Feb 16, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #26 of 37
I'm still getting used to them but they seem pretty good for me right now. I like the sound of vocals on this headphone. Might need some time to adjust to classical music though. I'm thinking of cutting to bi-flanges. Is there an easy and safe way without damaging the tips to do this? Thanks

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Westone users, do the shorter complys offer more isolation? What tips ie Shure, ETY or Westone offers the most isolation?

Thanks

"R"

For me, the long complys and Ety's ER4 black foams. Rubber tips are the biflange and Shure's grey flex.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtlo888
I'm thinking of cutting to bi-flanges. Is there an easy and safe way without damaging the tips to do this? Thanks

Just use a cutter or scissors to snip the top flange off. (the smallest one) Roll/flip the top flange over first, then snip snip snip!

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #28 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by afbug
For me, the long complys and Ety's ER4 black foams. Rubber tips are the biflange and Shure's grey flex.

Just use a cutter or scissors to snip the top flange off. (the smallest one) Roll/flip the top flange over first, then snip snip snip!

Darn.......... I cut the largest flange off.....
mad.gif

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Darn.......... I cut the largest flange off.....
mad.gif

Then you got a small biflange.
tongue.gif
Too small? You can use Ety's triflange too but they do not have a stem, so i use the snipped off top flange as a stem to mount it.

Edit:

Ety triflange. You can see the top flange under the largest flange.
DSC02169640x480.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back