What are UM1 users using?
Feb 10, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 37
Medium size Shure soft flex.

Feb 11, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #3 of 37
I use the smaller size complys. For me, they are the most comfortable yet still have great isolation. Im really happy with my UM1's-I love the fit (people looking at me straight on usually have no idea Im even wearing headphones, and the behind the head/back cord stays out of the way) and the sound is great!

Feb 11, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 37
the short comply tips. which reminds me, i have to order some more.

Feb 11, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #6 of 37
So far for me, I like the short complys but will try the standards as well... Since the tri flanges were free, I cut the largest on and stem and they fit better (dont stick out as much) but the isolation is not as goos imo than the complys...

Feb 11, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #7 of 37
I use the short complys instead of the long ones. The long one sticks out way too much, makes me look like i'm wearing hearing aids or something.

BTW, what are good sites to order short comply tips?

Feb 11, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #8 of 37
I use the triflanges, with the smallest flange and some of the stalk cut off. It's not as good as the comfy comply tips, but at least these won't require replacing.

Anyone know how long the comply tips usually last?

Feb 11, 2006 at 5:16 AM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by fruit_bearer
Anyone know how long the comply tips usually last?

It sort of says it in the manual I got with the UM1's...

Feb 11, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keisuke
I use the short complys instead of the long ones. The long one sticks out way too much, makes me look like i'm wearing hearing aids or something.

Can't you cut the standard ones down a bit so that there the same as the short complys?

Feb 11, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by R MaN
Can't you cut the standard ones down a bit so that there the same as the short complys?

I was thinking about cutting it myself but i'm trying to figure out what tool to use to cut it cleanly. Any good ideas?

Feb 11, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 37
Not to hi-jack, but can you guys still hear people talking to you with the um1s in? (w/o music on)

Feb 11, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Not to hi-jack, but can you guys still hear people talking to you with the um1s in? (w/o music on)

With the complys in, it was close...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back