What are the worst things you ever lost/had stolen etc.?
Dec 17, 2015 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ethiopianprince

New Head-Fier
I suppose living in a sketchy appartment near the university was just asking for trouble but for the second time this year I got robbed. The first time around I lost my TV shure se846s, and the fiio e17. This time around the thief took off with my schitt stack (Original Magni Modi), LCD-2s, my laptop, and some $10 dollar headphones. Thankfully i had my second pair of se846s with me. Would love to see some stories so I can feel a bit better about being broken into twice 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 14
$8,000...stolen from me by my own mother many years ago. Lesson learned: never get a joint bank account!

As far as someone breaking in, I've only been robbed once. They took some DVD box sets, a watch, and other things. Only a few hundred dollars' worth of stuff. They didn't touch my headphones, laptop, or other technology, thankfully.

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 14
This year I lost my mobile phone and transportation card (used to pay bus/train fares) on two separate occasions.

Thankfully my phone was a cheap one but that card contained around S$100 plus.

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 14
Never been robbed and know noone who has been besides bicycles

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #5 of 14
  $8,000...stolen from me by my own mother many years ago. Lesson learned: never get a joint bank account!

As far as someone breaking in, I've only been robbed once. They took some DVD box sets, a watch, and other things. Only a few hundred dollars' worth of stuff. They didn't touch my headphones, laptop, or other technology, thankfully.

God damn, i guess my robbers were intent on stealing everything they could :C.

This year I lost my mobile phone and transportation card (used to pay bus/train fares) on two separate occasions.

Thankfully my phone was a cheap one but that card contained around S$100 plus.

Thats pretty bad too :p, inconvenient as well without a phone or a transportation card.

Never been robbed and know noone who has been besides bicycles

Lucky! 

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 14
Half my cymbals and half of my vintage drum set.
:mad:

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #8 of 14
Had an excellent Orbea carbon fiber road bike stolen from outside my doctor's office. I didn't have a good enough lock on it--lesson learned. Never put a cheap lock on an expensive bike.

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #9 of 14
  Had an excellent Orbea carbon fiber road bike stolen from outside my doctor's office. I didn't have a good enough lock on it--lesson learned. Never put a cheap lock on an expensive bike.

Still there hardly exist a proper lock that is in any way portable. any good bolt scissor take care of anything with ease. So it would likely get stolen anyway.

A better strategy would be to somehow make your expensive bike look cheap. And of course put some kind of lock so the drug people don´t wants it as a transportation device.

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #11 of 14
Had my specialized mountain bike stolen out of the garage. The bike was disassembled and in pieces for maintenance at the time, and the guy even stole a bucket to haul away all the components along with the frame. It was my first major purchase using my own money too, so that stung a bit.

Feb 8, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #14 of 14
4 watches, my Sony MDR7506 and a cellphone stolen; 2 lost watches.

Probably more too but the watches bite me the most 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back