What are the top flagship headphones without sibilance?
Nov 26, 2019 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Happyprozak

Head-Fier
I’ve been looking into flagship headphones including the Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD820, Sony Z1R and Focal Utopia and it seems sibilance is common with flagships.

Right now I'm using the Bower and Wilkins P9's with an Apple USB-C to 3.5mm adapter and this combo sounds good to me but I'm looking for the next step up. This combo also gives me a little bit of ear fatigue after 2+ hours but I feel that it's from the bass or maybe it's just the discomfort from the weight and not exactly stellar comfort.

On the other side of the spectrum, I have a pair of Bose QC35's II and while they do not sound as good as the Bower and Wilkins P9's, I can wear them for what it seems like all day with no fatigue.

What headphones should I be looking at it if I'm looking at flagships but I want to avoid ear fatigue?

Nov 27, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 3
Empyrean is the comfort king in both regards (wearable comfort and sound signature).

Nov 27, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 3
MrSpeakers E2 - not sibilant, some complain of foreshortened dynamics. I really like them.

Audeze LCD4 - over priced, but very nice

The Abyss flagship - whatever it is - best headphone I've heard that's not an estat.

MrSpeakers Voce and HFM Jr amp - $8200 - that's my estat pick.

Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back