What are the most relaxing totl headphones?
Jul 5, 2020 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Deolum

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello,

i'm curious what you guys think are the most relaxing headphones.

I don't have a single headphone i would describe as relaxing. All my cans (AKG, Grado, Stax) are known to have a bit harsh treble and can be fatiguing.

I miss a headphone which i can put on high volume and just relax.

So far i heard the Edition X V2 would be very relaxing. Is there anything else?

Shouldn't be as muffled as the Nightowl though.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 12
ZMF Aeolus. They aren’t the top of the range from ZMF but I just get lost in the music when I listen to them. However, what sort of music do you listen to?

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 12
ZMF Aeolus. They aren’t the top of the range from ZMF but I just get lost in the music when I listen to them. However, what sort of music do you listen to?
What about Attikus, Eikon, Verite? If i buy a ZMF it would be a closed one since i only have open ones atm.

I listen to soundtracks, classical, pop, edm. Sometimes bad sources like youtube or spotify.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 12
Aha! I am expecting my Verite Closed to arrive tomorrow so I’ll be able to report back with an informed view in a few days, and then again in a few weeks after having them for a while. We have similar tastes in music except I swap the Pop for Jazz. :)

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #6 of 12
Meze Empyrean is the best relaxing TOTL in the market right now. Unless you can afford Sennheiser HE-1.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #7 of 12
Aeolus are pretty relaxing but to me are a little too veiled/dark.
Meze Empyrean is a nice warm sound that is relaxing, but I personally wouldn't pay $3k for them as other headphones in that realm beat it in technicalities. Imo
My Verite Closed come in within a couple weeks, looking forward to them but can't say how relaxing they are at this moment.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #9 of 12
What about the Aeon Flow Closed 2?

There’s a good comparison of a few closed backs @ - but not sure that will fully answer your question regarding relaxation.

Thinking about your comments on treble - I wonder if one of the top tier Denon’s might be worth a listen? I’ve not heard them personally, but I understand the treble can be considered “recessed”.

Jul 5, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #11 of 12
What about Attikus, Eikon, Verite? If i buy a ZMF it would be a closed one since i only have open ones atm.

I listen to soundtracks, classical, pop, edm. Sometimes bad sources like youtube or spotify.
If you're looking for a closed headphone, I recommend the Verite closed. I get lost in the music very easily when I listen to them.

Jul 5, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #12 of 12
Hello,

i'm curious what you guys think are the most relaxing headphones.

I don't have a single headphone i would describe as relaxing. All my cans (AKG, Grado, Stax) are known to have a bit harsh treble and can be fatiguing.

I miss a headphone which i can put on high volume and just relax.

So far i heard the Edition X V2 would be very relaxing. Is there anything else?

Shouldn't be as muffled as the Nightowl though.

A MrSpeakers Voce, followed by a MrSpeakers E2, then by the HEX v2 (with EQ, its missing too much in the upper mids w/o)

HD-600's being driven by tube OTL amp (like BH Crack w/ Speedball) would be the cheapest path. SS amps AFAIK see don't drive it that well in comparison.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back