What are the hot portable options $300ish these days? (Out of the loop for a while)
Feb 3, 2006 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pikawel

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

My NJB3 has been collecting dust ever since I quit my old job (one where I had to leave the house!) I've picked up a modern day MP3 player in the Vision:m and I fear the META42 is a bad match
biggrin.gif

Last time I was really poking around in these boards, the SR-71 and the SuperMacro (not even sure which version) were all the rage.

While I'm painfully aware this player has no line-out, I'm still looking for a slick and pocketable amp for tune enhancement. If anyone is willing to give me a few quick points in the right direction, i'll get to reading
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ash

Feb 3, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by pikawel
Hey all,

My NJB3 has been collecting dust ever since I quit my old job (one where I had to leave the house!) I've picked up a modern day MP3 player in the Vision:m and I fear the META42 is a bad match
biggrin.gif

Last time I was really poking around in these boards, the SR-71 and the SuperMacro (not even sure which version) were all the rage.

While I'm painfully aware this player has no line-out, I'm still looking for a slick and pocketable amp for tune enhancement. If anyone is willing to give me a few quick points in the right direction, i'll get to reading
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ash

There are quite a number of portables that are recommended near your budget.

For a little more than your budget:
Ray Samuels SR-71
Ray Samuels Hornet
Headamp AE-1
Xin Supermacro 3 V6

Right at your budget:
Headroom Micro

For a little less:
Xin Supermini
Portaphile V2^2 maxed
Z-audio lambda

Now the trick is to figure out how to narrow down that list to just one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back