What are the GREATEST pair of headphones you've ever found??
Aug 17, 2005 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

grndslm

1000+ Head-Fier
Like the title says...

I know this might be a tricky question to ask since there seem to be soo many good headphones out there. But I'm gonna try it anyway. Also, I'm sorry if this same type of thread has been posted before, I tried to make it unique in my head.

What are the abolute best pair of headphones you have ever laid ears on? They can be impressive to you in any way or ways you see fit.

There are 6 categories (broken down into types & price ranges):

Home/Studio Headphones (You are allowed one pair of closed and one pair of open for these three categories since they're pretty different, but not 2 open or 2 closed)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1)$100 and Below
2)$100-$250
3)$250 and Above

Portables (doesn't need to be an IEM)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
4)$100 and Below
5)$100-$200
6)$200 and Above

YOU MUST begin your description with the names of these perfect cans, add the type of headphones [semi]open/closed, clipon, IEM, etc., then ONLY USE OTHER ADJECTIVES to describe these awesome cans.

What would you spend your money on if you had it back and knew what you now know today?? If you haven't tried a certain type in a price range...just don't list it in your answer.

Aug 17, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm
YOU MUST begin your description with the names of these perfect cans, add the type of headphones [semi]open/closed, clipon, IEM, etc., then ONLY USE OTHER ADJECTIVES to describe these awesome cans.

New here, huh?

Aug 17, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 40
bose triports . . . nothing even comes close
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #5 of 40
Tough read...
smily_headphones1.gif

6) $20 - Koss KSC-35 (open clip-on) - They're built like a toy...don't even look as expensive as generic clip-ons. But oh man is the sound a completely different story... There's an overall clarity and muffleless sound that you just don't expect. Presentation also puts you close to the music - exciting stuff.

If I could start all over I would go straight for the KSC-35s, PX100s, D66 Eggos, Shure e2. The only upgrades I would go for would be more expensive IEMs. I would also go ampless, and my source would be a 1gb flash player. Team minimalistic.

Aug 17, 2005 at 7:01 PM Post #7 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Tough read...
smily_headphones1.gif

6) $20 - Koss KSC-35 (open clip-on) - They're built like a toy...don't even look as expensive as generic clip-ons. But oh man is the sound a completely different story... There's an overall clarity and muffleless sound that you just don't expect. Presentation also puts you close to the music - exciting stuff.

If I could start all over I would go straight for the KSC-35s, PX100s, D66 Eggos, Shure e2. The only upgrades I would go for would be more expensive IEMs. I would also go ampless, and my source would be a 1gb flash player. Team minimalistic.

Where do you guys get the KSC-35's for $20???

I got mine for 35.99 shipped!

Aug 17, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #8 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450
Where do you guys get the KSC-35's for $20???

I got mine for 35.99 shipped!

Creative is dumping all their NOS on ebay right now for under 20 bucks, after shipping it's still under 25!

Aug 17, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
bose triports . . . nothing even comes close
wink.gif

Pssh, take your small budget elsewhere. The QuietComfort2's get my vote. Yes, I'm a real audiophile with a real budget. I wanted the best, so I bought the QC2's. Now, I own the best.

Aug 17, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Pssh, take your small budget elsewhere. The QuietComfort2's get my vote. Yes, I'm a real audiophile with a real budget. I wanted the best, so I bought the QC2's. Now, I own the best.

Check my sig, welcome to the team!
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #13 of 40
etymotic ER4 (smooth and clean ) and AT W11JPN(overall excellent)...

indeed Im eager to try the STAX,R10,L3K and other godlike hp.

Aug 17, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #14 of 40
*takes deep breath* ahh......sarcasm
rolleyes.gif

Bose all the way
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 17, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #15 of 40
I used to think you guys just took the p**s all the time. Now I know better.

Col

PS There is a Bose shop about 1000yds from where I type this very message...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back