What are the cans that exceeded your expectations ?
Jun 3, 2006 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 201

boodi

Headphoneus Supremus
Grado Ps-1 here .

The hp-2 were astonishing at first .
They were the first pair of classy headphones I felt ( very lucky ) to discover and to own .
I never completely passed over the hd650 warmness unfortunately , even after tuning and detuning the system and gears around them for some months so I felt worth trying something that was voiced to be definitely more neutral yet very "hi-end" , hence the hp-2 . First Grado headphones too ..
They're in a class of their own , they are still my reference cans at the moment .

..After having passed quite a time with them ( both ) , are the ps-1 that are exceeeding my expectation the most . They are probably the only 1 set that don't leave me wanting for more , nothing more , across a whole lot of genres , and their sound do not show still after some months with them evident flaws , and their the most fun and easy to listen can I have in my bag now , having very fine bass , mids , highs , stage , detail , and a very right prat too ; they offer a very good separation , head-placement and image too . Last but not least , they're fun too as they're very musical .

This is the set that have put my ears in peace , most of all the cans that I have owned .. weird enough , on first I had hard times "learning" to adapt to their soundsignature ; now they sound perfect .. still I do not understand if they're still breaking in or if it's my hearing sense that's changing to them

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 201
SR60 for sure. Bought it just as a portable for when I was away from the DT880, but ended up listening to it more.

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #5 of 201
The HD485 was a real surprise.

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
The HD485 was a real surprise.

sorry to correct you , you wrote hd485 instead of hd650

tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #7 of 201
Sennheiser 435

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #8 of 201
Koss KSC-75. Even after reading about them on the forums, my jaw still dropped when I heard them for the first time.

Edit: I noticed the topic mentioned cans, I supposed these are really clips-ons not technically cans; but of all the 'headphones' I've tried, these went above and beyond.

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:39 PM Post #10 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
sorry to correct you , you wrote hd485 instead of hd650

The HD650 didn't surprise me at first
eek.gif
And btw, you gotta have something new to praise to stay alive here
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #11 of 201
Koss KSC75. Lovely things
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #13 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
The HD650 didn't surprise me at first
eek.gif
And btw, you gotta have something new to praise to stay alive here
tongue.gif

ah I see ..
I meant : "what are the cans that exceeded your expectation the most , period , in all of your headphone discoveries "

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #14 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80
Koss KSC-75. Even after reading about them on the forums, my jaw still dropped when I heard them for the first time.

Edit: I Noticed the topic mentioned cans, I supposed these are really clips-ons not technically cans; but of all the 'headphones' I've tried, these went above and beyond.

your perfectly on topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back