What are the best X-Fi settings for DT770/80s for gaming and music?
Oct 10, 2007 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sofakng

New Head-Fier
What are the best X-Fi settings for DT770/80s for gaming and music?

I've been reading that selecting "Headphones" for your speaker type make it sound really flat and not very impressive. Most people seem to be setting the speakers to 4.1 or 7.1 even though they are using headphones.

Is this the best thing to do?

What are the best settings to use for DT770/80s for music and for gaming?

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 3
Turn CMSS-3d on, make sure "Synchronize with Control Panel" is UNchecked (requires a reboot), put your X-Fi to 2/2.1, turn in game to 5.1.

Works great with titles like CS:Source and a few others that have really good surround sound support. Doesn't work so well with some games that only focused on 2-channel with some basic surround effects.

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 3
I just bought these DT770/80s. They are my first own headphones and I'm in love with them! But the question is, what if the game doesn't have 5.1 setting in audio menu? What are the best settings then?

I have X-fi Gamer (Full x-fi one) and I used it in Game mode, Headphones mode and all CMSS, Crystalizer, etc. settings off. I liked it, I heard enemy behind me in BF2, turned around and he was about 10m away from me.

So now I would want best possible settings with best sound quality for all the newest games there is, without needing to put 5.1 in game audio setup. Any tips?

And for music should I use audio creation mode, bit-matched playback etc. even if I haven't any DAC or amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back