What are the best RCA + SPDIF Cables to connect...?
Nov 17, 2010 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Disarray

New Head-Fier
I have a X-can V8 which has your typical RCA inputs, but the ones on the DAC I just bought look a little different and are longer 

Btw the Dac is a Audio-Gd 19 DSP

Is that something I need to take into account when picking an RCA audio cable or does it make no difference?

And whats the best RCA cable money can buy under 50 dollars? Length can be as short as a foot.

And is there any chance I could buy this cable at Fry's Electronics, Radio Shack, etc? I'd like to have this on or before Friday so if not a local store a place like Amazon would work too! But if I have to wait so I don't sacrifice quality then thats ok.

I also need a cable to connect my Xonar STX sound card to the Dac, my sound card has a SPDIF out, the Dac has an
Opt, Coax and USB in what cable would be best for this? This cable will have to be about 6 ft. so this one just has to be under 80 bucks, and again it would be great if I could buy it locally, but will order online if its worth it for the quality. 

Thanks for your help :)

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 2
No worries, the RCA jacks will work with all RCA cables.  Some are longer/shorter, or made with different metals, but there all the same diameter and so will fit all cables.  

A well built cable to start with is the Blue Jeans [size=1.2em]BJC LC-1. Its $27.00 for a 1 foot cable.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back