What are the best over ear/open headphones under 200 bucks??
Apr 16, 2020 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mogwai78

New Head-Fier
Hi there!!

I'm looking for a nice pair of over ear/open headphones with a good sound, mainly. I dont care about wireless, noise cancelling, bluetooth,...I'm not interested in all that. I just want the best sound and comfort for the price.

What are the best over ear/open headphones under 200 bucks??

Thanks all

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #4 of 10
Mass Drop - most likely. Senns and that impure but entertaining 4XX too.

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 10

Have to point out that the HFM 4** variants that fit the price criteria have a pretty high rate of complaints of product QC. I believe the Senns are lower in that regard, although I haven't paid as much attention.

The 400i has 11% 1 star reviews on Amazon - from what I can see almost all over broken parts/bad QA. HD-600 (Senn orig, not MD) had 3% 1 star reviews.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 10
Have to point out that the HFM 4** variants that fit the price criteria have a pretty high rate of complaints of product QC. I believe the Senns are lower in that regard, although I haven't paid as much attention.

The 400i has 11% 1 star reviews on Amazon - from what I can see almost all over broken parts/bad QA. HD-600 (Senn orig, not MD) had 3% 1 star reviews.

Can definitely attest to the fact that the 400i are sub-par in regards to build quality/materials used. Bought them new and within months the cable started acting up and also the pads literally disintegrated!

Sennheiser on the other hand are tanks! I have the HD600, found them used for 100$ and they will stay with me forever! Love their sound, their comfort and use them almost every day and have no doubts about their build quality. I recommend keeping an eye for a used hd6** which can often be found for under 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back