What are the best IEM's under 1000$?
Dec 31, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #31 of 33
  From personal use of both earphones. I feel the W60s are more the all rounder type earphone which has the more laid back and smooth signature while the SE846 has a very strong presence with its sound attacking punchy bass with forward mids. From what other people have been saying though, the SE846 seems to be the 'safer' buy as W60s seems to have a 'they grow on you' over time kind of signature and requires some getting used to. 

Are the W60's your go-to earphone?  Can either of them be driven decently from a smartphone and or a cheap DAP?  

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #32 of 33
I used both earphones with my Huawei Ascend Mate 7. I personally feel the SE846 drives with a cleaner sound right out of the phone while the W60s need an external amp to make it sound its best. W60s do sound decent out of the phone, though the sound isnt as full. From personal preference, I feel the W60s are the king when it comes to classical music and anything with treble presence. The SE846 are amazing for mids and sub bass. 

Jan 2, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #33 of 33
  I used both earphones with my Huawei Ascend Mate 7. I personally feel the SE846 drives with a cleaner sound right out of the phone while the W60s need an external amp to make it sound its best. W60s do sound decent out of the phone, though the sound isnt as full. From personal preference, I feel the W60s are the king when it comes to classical music and anything with treble presence. The SE846 are amazing for mids and sub bass. 

I don't really listen to classical music very often, based from what I am hearing I would like the se846 more than the W60's.  Thanks for the input!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back