What are the best headphones to listen to Nelly on?
Jan 29, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 74
Grado PS-1
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #5 of 74
Super.fi 5 EB's

I have them, and I like Nelly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamelBackCinema
if you mean either artist, the correct answer is their songs don't deserve KSC-75s.. and I am being kind.

This is why I don't always like asking for advice on Head-fi. I think a lot of people here grealy dislike Rap and it definitely shows in their preference for bass light ("nuetral") headphones. It almost seems that some people will almost look down on you for listening to a different genre and preferring more bass.

Jan 29, 2006 at 9:49 AM Post #6 of 74
I guess the DT 770-80 would be good for hiphop. You don't really need a midrange for that style of music.

Jan 29, 2006 at 10:17 AM Post #7 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by xluben
This is why I don't always like asking for advice on Head-fi. I think a lot of people here grealy dislike Rap and it definitely shows in their preference for bass light ("neutral") headphones. It almost seems that some people will almost look down on you for listening to a different genre and preferring more bass.

there's nothing wrong with rap, it just happens to be that nelly is an incompetent ******* who thinks having a band-aid on his left cheek is cool and that saying "its getting hot on in here" for 5 minutes straight makes good music.

Jan 29, 2006 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
saying "its getting hot on in here" for 5 minutes straight makes good music.

I don't normally like to criticise other's musical preferences, but you got a really good point there
basshead.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 2:08 PM Post #11 of 74
Sorry to waste people's time that had serious recommendation but, I was sorta kidding. I guess my point is, it doesn't really matter.

Trying to "optimize" the sound to a Nelly (or similiar) song reminds me of that scene from Spinal Tap where that guy is taking the crazy guitar solo, starts playing his guitar by strumming it with a vilon (just a bunch of racket at this oint) and he stops a second to tune the violing because it came out of tune!!!

Jan 29, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #12 of 74
For Nelly Furtado, I would try the HD600/650, they are the best, IMHO, that I have heard for softer type pop! The K701 is also a super sounding set of cans, that you might find even better sounding than the Senns. I find it a matter of preference between the AKG, and Senns!
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #14 of 74
Quote:

What are the best headphones to listen to Nelly on?

None

Users who are viewing this thread

Back