What are the best headphones for under 80$
Jan 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 17
Grado SR60i if you don't mind open phones ( that leak sound out, and allow some outside sound in.) Is your computer use for gaming too...or to listen to music?

Jan 13, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 17
I will give another vote for the SR60's. I bought my SR80's for $100 around 6 years ago, and I still use them to this day.

Jan 13, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 17
My vote is also for the SR60i. About 6 months ago i had a budge of 100$ and i wanted my first pair of decent headphones, after learning about and reading Head-fi i decided to get the SR60is.

I absolutely love the cans, i think they sound amazing. They are fairly easy to drive, and i find they work great with basically all genres of music. Im bad at describing the sound though, so ill leave that to much more experienced head-fiers

one thing about them though is, since they sit flush against your ears they can become a little uncomfortable after 3-4 hours of wearing them. around that 3 hours point my ears tend to get really warm and/or itchy, but the problem is solved by taking 10-15 min break from them.

Best of luck in your decision making
darthsmile.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #9 of 17
This question comes up a lot and the overwhelming answer has always been and will always be SR-60, as you can see. In fact, the SR-60 is often the answer even when the price goes up to 100, except for then, its the sr-80. There is just no competing with it in this price range. Be careful though, they are gateway drugs to the wonderful world of headphone addiction....there is no cure. I give you a year before you sell your xbox and wind up with some RS-1i's
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #12 of 17
The Sr60s arent the can to get for gaming(imo)... Look into the JVC rx700s and rx900s

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #13 of 17
I want to throw in another vote for the SR-60's. They are great cans for the price. Some other good options in that price range are the Creative Aurvana Live (a rebranded Denon 1001), which is a closed headphone, and the Sennheiser HD485, which has a pretty significant bass bump, but will will have a little bit larger soundstage than the SR-60's.

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #14 of 17
SR60i for music, might not be the best gaming phone. Maybe the PX100 (Can be found for as low as $25) may be a better option. They offer a wider, deeper soundstage that may be beneficial to the gamer. Both of these headphones are open though and will leak sound. Not sure if that is a show stopper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back