What are the best headphones for around £50???
Mar 6, 2007 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mtb

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I wanted to buy a new pair of in-ear headphones for about £50 and I am not sure what to buy.

I like the look of the Sony MDR-EX90LP headphones and they are £53 from play.com which is good.

Has the wire been improved from the MDR-EX70LP?

I don’t mind modding them to get better sound but are there already other in ear headphones which sound better for around the same price.

I have heard mixed reviews about the Bose In-Ear Headphones so I’m not sure about those.

Or maybe even the V-Moda Vibes.

I would mainly be using these with my Archos 604 Wi-Fi and would like them to last longer than my Sony MDR-EX70LP headphones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

T

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 8
Dunno about cable, but EX90LP was a test winner in one magazine which compared different IEM's. There was shure e2c, senn cx300, akg k324p, jbl 220, marshmallows, creative ep635 and bose IE in that test too.

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 8
Tekniikan maailma. A local tech magazine (test everything tech related, from cars to hifi), february issue.

Mar 8, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #7 of 8
I'd say best IEM for 'just' over £50 is the Westone UM1. You can order from the states www.headphonesolutions.com and you will pay $109 (£55) plus VAT (£9) plus handling charge (£4) coming in at £68.

I'd say the UM1s are worth £15 more than the EX90s...

Mar 9, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #8 of 8
I would like some isolation as I will use when commuting on trains.
I listen to most types of music, everything from R&B/Hip-Hop to Rock.
Not too sure about the "Westone UM1" never liked how they look to be honest.
icon10.gif

What is best out of Sony MDR-EX90LP, V-Moda Vibes or Bose In-Ear Headphones or is there something else better
THANK YOU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back