What are the best headphones for a Medical Transcriptionist?
Feb 10, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #16 of 16
If you can find a V600 for cheap around $50 or less snatch it up.

People knock this headphone all the time, but they are well-suited for voice application. Even a sub-standard recording, the V600 is attenuated to pick up the frequency range associated with voice. If the recording is degraded, it will require serious noise reduction, EQ, and perhaps some limiting.

I work primarily with media applications and a co-worker is using my old V600s just to block out sound, listen to some jazz and rock. They are really comfy, though, pads wear out quickly. More comfy than the V6 and 7506 and HD280s. Almost as comfy as my HD555s...

They are over-priced new, for certain and are not suited for music application such Sony's other Monitoring Headphones MDR-V6 7506 or 7509 by a wide margin. The V600 have somewhat muddy bass, and they have no low extension as on Monitoring headphones such as the HD280 Pro or V6. The pair I have, have substantially less bass impact than my other phones. Its a bit bloated and muddy, but it won't get in the way. Also the high end is splashy and over excited.

I find many reviews on head-fi do not consider the usage of the headphone.

A used, unwanted V600 will be perfect. I just compared it with my HD280s at my desk, and the 280s just leave them in the dust with their solid tone, neutral presentation. But on voice over and vocal mid-range the v600 has a sweet spot and you could wear them all day without getting a headache.

finding one should be easy - the first thing that head-fi members seem to do here is get rid of their v600s and pretend that they never had them.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back