What are the best closed headphones to audition?
Aug 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #16 of 19
why not take a look at the JVC DX-1000, i post a thread comparing them to the audeze's and you might find this helpful :

Quote:
I got both but I'm currently without an amp capable of driving the audeze. So I have no way to do a fair comparison. I'm waiting for a tube to replace in my dna stratus. I can tell you though that right out of my icon hdp the dx1000 sounds just wonderful. It does some magic to my ears.The denon d7000 was my first love in this hobby and I still respect it, but in my opinion the jvc is clearly superior. I have no words to describe the bass, from memory I'd say I prefer it to the audeze's. When I have my amp back I will post more accurate impressions.

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #17 of 19
Thanks for the recommendations.

I've finally heard the TH900 - it's a nice sounding pair of headphones but the bass is somewhat slow. Other aspects in combination make this a gentle sounding headphone.

The gf said it reminds her of the stax 007 in terms of character. Classical sounds nice on it, but she mentioned that if she played diablo with it the exploding sound the monsters will make will go 'boooom' (in a soft voice). haha. Tried a few amps with it so probably not the pairing this time round.

Sound isolation on the cans was ok but not perfect as some users mentioned. Will think about it. I do think anyone searching for closed cans do need to give this a listen.

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #18 of 19
Just get Denon AH-D7000 and forget about this thread. Musical, detailed enough yet forgiving to amps and bad recordings. Enjoy!
redface.gif

Aug 26, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #19 of 19
 I agree with brat's opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back