What are the best-all-round earphones that i can pick up for £30?
Oct 25, 2011 at 7:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

acme15

New Head-Fier
Hey people, ive been reading threads in this forum for a while now, so i thought i would go ahead and join :D

Ive been putting up with unbearably bad sound quality for a significant time now, with Realtek HD Audio, cheap Logitech speakers, a £4 Cosinic headset, and my Motorola + Moto Headset 
triportsad.gif

So i decided that enough is enough, and have started looking into buying new gear :D

Things which I have already decided on are:

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Creative Aurvana Live! + Zalman ZM-MIC1 clip on microphone
Cowon i9 16gb

Now i just need some new earphones :)

Ive read good things about the Sennheiser CX300-II's and Soundmagic E10's, but i'm hoping you can help recommend me different and/or better ones :)

I will be using the earphones with the Cowon mainly for listening to mainstream WMA's and MP3's, but i will also be listening to some of my favourite tunes in FLAC.

I listen to pretty much every kind of music, from dubstep to classical, from death metal to blues, from alternative to rap etc, and i mainly listen to variations of metal.

I would like the 'phones to be as clear and precise as possible in this price range, with good bass delivery. 
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks all :)

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #2 of 8
The Sony EX310 are highely recommended and Philips SHE9850, SHE9700 both are highely recommended.

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
The Sony EX310 are highely recommended and Philips SHE9850, SHE9700 both are highely recommended.

the she9850's are way over budget lol

thanks for the other two ideas though. although i'm not a big fan of sony or phillips 
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 8
You can get the meelectronics a151 for around £39.00 from frogbeats if you can stretch that far.

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 8
Creative Labs XtremeMusic would be good if your still using Windows XP.
Have you check out the Asus Xonar DG (PCI), built in headphone amplifier, does Dolby Headphone 5.1.

Oct 26, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #6 of 8
Creative Labs XtremeMusic would be good if your still using Windows XP.
Have you check out the Asus Xonar DG (PCI), built in headphone amplifier, does Dolby Headphone 5.1.

As far as I can see, despite the fact that the xtrememusic is now an aging card, it is superior to the xonar dg in every feesable way, and there are no obvious compatibility issues. Besides, I can pick one up for £22.

*edit* can somebody do me a brief comparison of the xtrememusic and the xonar dx in terms of 2.1/sterio music?

Nov 1, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #7 of 8
wow this thread died really quickly... how many members does this forum have? xD

Nov 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #8 of 8
There are a lot of information on this forum regarding IEMs under $100, $50 etc. These threads come up almost daily so you should be able to find some good information by searching.
For £30 I would highly recommend the Dunu Tridents. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back