What are some suggestions for over the ear headphones for R&B,Gospel and Hip Hop music at all price points?
Jan 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

alexandran88

New Head-Fier
I am pretty new around the sacred halls of head fi and i really wanted some professional opinions on headphones and possibly in ear monitors for the aforementioned genres

Any and all input is much appreciated!!!!

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 5
my highest price point is $150 US

Also i would like to know how the terms "bass heavy" and "bass monster" are defined because they seem to have a negative connotation around here....

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Also i would like to know how the terms "bass heavy" and "bass monster" are defined because they seem to have a negative connotation around here....

A negative connotation? i don't think. There are just many types of bass and some peoples prefer quantity to quality and vice versa.

For your music genre, you must have mainly goods mids and bass imo.

Try the SRH440 if you haven't an amp or the SRH840/750 with an amp, but the HFi580/7820 can be very good too. The 580 is you prefer punchy bass or the 780 for better detailled mids, more balanced and slightly better soundstage.

If you want an open headphone, the HD558 is very good too.

May 11, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 5
i know this is late but thank you for all of your suggestions.  I recently have been struck by the Beyerdynamics DT770 pro and it seems to be the perfect headphone to get.

but i am looking for a more portable solution so perhaps some one can suggest that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back