What are some good music price search sites?
Feb 27, 2002 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cousin Eddie

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for sites to search for online music prices. I'm mostly interested in CD prices, but it would be great if there were some sites that allowed you to search for DVD-Audio and SACD prices at the same time.

To search for DVD prices, I use http://dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdhtml2 This is the type of site I'm looking for, except I want a music price search site. Besides the price comparisons, what's great about a site like this is that it allows you to find different variations. For example, when I see a DVD advertised on sale at a local store, I often will go to DVDPriceSearch to see if there are any other versions, because maybe there's another version, the "collector's edition" or something, that has a lot more extras, and only costs a little more. I haven't really bought any CD's for a long time, so I'm hoping other people who have will know of some good price search sites.

Feb 27, 2002 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 4
Thanks for the dvd link, but i noticed 800.com is absent, they have very good prices and always have some sale running. As for cd's, try discorama, i've never ordered online, but i always buy stuff in their stores, no problems.

Feb 28, 2002 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 4
Since I'm buying CD online all the time, I think I am in the position to share. First I put all my wishlist on Half.com and actually a lot of CD I did buy from half.com. Then I search for price at www.bestmusicbuys.com this site will give price from several dealers ie. Amazon, mymusic, alphacraze, 800, borders.. recently they drop half.com search.. so you will have to search half and bestmusicbuys separately. Finally before I buy anything I search in ebay for the last time. ... I pay $7-9 averagely shipped for most of my CDs. BTW .. this doesn't work with Classical since classical is hard to search with regular search engine. I buy mostly jazz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back